A2 C51 - A Secret Letter

The Prince was obviously taken aback, and struggled desperately after falling in, causing water to splash everywhere. The sound echoed in the deep well, appearing eerie and gloomy.

Chu Xinian hid at the side yet water still splashed on his face. wiped it calmly with his hands. Xie Jingyuan watched coldly, turned around in disgust, and didn't want to talk to him at all.

The prince fluttered for a long time, and finally calmed down. He looked around subconsciously, only to find that he was at the bottom of a dark well and Chu Xinian and Xie Jingyuan were watching him not far away.

The Prince was obviously stunned for a moment: "Why are you here?"

Xie Jingyuan frowned tightly: "We fell."

Stupid.

When the prince saw that there was still someone with him, he didn't panic immediately. He swam to Xie Jingyuan's side: "Then how do we get out?"

Hearing this, Chu Xinian suddenly had a bad feeling in his heart: "Where is His Highness's entourage?"

"Gu..." The prince paused, sounding a little guilty, "I thought they were in the way, so I made them wait on the side of the road..."

These words snuffed out their last hope. Xie Jingyuan gritted his teeth silently: "What are you doing here by yourself? Waiting to be fed by the wolves! You can't just go without your entourage, you even manage to fell into the well yourself. When will you change your reckless temper!"

"Xie Jingyuan!"

The prince became angry tinges with embarrassment. After hitting the surface of the water, the well water splashed and wetted the faces of the three people: "If you are so smart, then why did you fall in with your smartness?!"

Chu Xinian was afraid that the two of them would fight, so he stretched out his hand and pulled Xie Jingyuan to his side, separating the two without a trace, but he shrank his hand because of the temperature of the other party's body.

He squinted at Xie Jingyuan's pale and bluish lips and frowned subconsciously.

Xie Jingyuan closed his eyes and remained silent, not because he was afraid of the Prince, but because he was not in the mood to make noise. Just letting the other party go crazy for a while.

The prince was still hot-headed: "What are you afraid of? After a while they will notice Gu' disappearance, they will naturally find him. Are you still afraid that you won't be able to get out?"

It is theoretically possible, but I'm afraid, Xie Jingyuan won't be able to hold on.

Chu Xinian scooped up a handful of cold well water, one could only wonder what he was thinking, he simply groped around the walls of the well. Before she died, Jiu Niang dragged her dying body and crawled for a certain distance, and she just arrived near the mouth of the well. If she wanted to ask for help, she should have crawled to the side of the road, so why did she crawl deep into the dense forest?

Is there something hiding in the well?

Xie Jingyuan folded his arms and leaned against the wall of the well. Seeing Chu Xinian groping around, he raised his eyelids and glanced at him: "What are you looking for?"

Chu Xinian shook his head: "I just want to see if there are any clues inside the well. Just to make sure."

The Prince couldn't understand what the two of them were saying at all, he just stared up at the mouth of the well, hoping that those damned servants would find them quickly. However, he accidentally touched the wall of the well, and suddenly something pierced his lower back. He thought it was a water snake and when he grabbed it with his backhand, his fingertips touched a piece of hard paper.