A4 C122 - Until Twenty-Two

Towards the afternoon, the corridor was silent, without the previous quarrel and intensity just now. After Meng Zhoushan settled Sui Yuesheng, he opened the door and was about to find Yan Yuezhao, when he saw a wheelchair neatly folded and leaning against the corner quietly.

"..."

Meng Zhoushan adjusted his glasses, and knocked on the door of Yan Yuezhao's house with his fist, but there was no movement after knocking for a long time. He grabbed the doorknob and turned it, only to find that the door was unlocked.

The lights in the house were not turned on, and the sun was about to set, so the light was inevitably dim. Yan Yuezhao just sat there in the dark, smoking one cigarette after another, cigarette butts were all around his feet, and his eyes were bloodshot. Choking smoke permeated everywhere, filling this small room.

Yan Yuezhao heard Meng Zhoushan's footsteps, paused, but did not look up. He frowned and stomped out the cigarette butt: "Why are you here, to find a place for that poor kid in your family?"

Meng Zhoushan turned on the light, randomly dragged a chair and sat down opposite him, his black leather shoes were shiny, which was out of place with the dust all over the floor: "If your legs are not hurt, maybe I would really beat you up to vent my anger."

Yan Yuezhao narrowed his eyes: "Are you seduced by ghosts?"

Meng Zhoushan took the time to look at him: "Yan Yuezhao, I didn't come here today to quarrel with you."

Yan Yuezhao licked the corner of his aching mouth with the tip of his tongue, and still couldn't understand why Meng Zhoushan's skills hadn't regressed after writing for so many years: "If it wasn't to quarrel with me, is it to kill me?"

He was joking with sarcasm, but unexpectedly, Meng Zhoushan's eyes behind the lenses suddenly became sharp. Different from his usual polite and gentle appearance, he pointedly said: "You should be more cautious in your words and deeds when you know someone is going to silence you."

Yan Yuezhao paused slightly when he heard the words: "What do you mean?"

Meng Zhoushan relayed Sui Yuesheng's guess today to him, and concluded: "The murderer is most likely a woman, and you are likely to be her next target, so you'd better be careful."

Yan Yuezhao has a straight temper and simple thinking, and he feels incredible about all this: "A deist? Are you sure there will be people who will willingly kill because of such illusory things and blind belief?"

Meng Zhoushan has recorded many real murder cases, and said in a firm tone: "Normal people can't do it, but lunatics can, so you'd better not use your life to make fun of it."

Yan Yuezhao couldn't help frowning when he heard the words, and fell into deep thought. Regardless of his injured leg, he habitually paced back and forth in the small living room, and finally looked straight at Meng Zhoushan: "Do you trust him like that?"

Meng Zhoushan's tone was calm: "I trust him because I have my basis and reasons. In the same way, you can trust me too."

Yan Yuezhao twitched the corners of his mouth: "It's useless for me to believe, you have to have a letter from the captain."

Meng Zhoushan said: "The captain will believe it. Human life is more important than anything else. But Yuesheng's current mental state is not suitable for taking notes. He needs some time."

When Meng Zhoushan said that, Yan Yuezhao couldn't help thinking of today's dispute, and slowly sat back on the sofa, falling into a long silence for no reason, and didn't speak for a long time.

Just when Meng Zhoushan's legs were numb and made little movements imperceptibly. He was about to get up and leave but Yan Yuezhao suddenly said: "I don't like dead people..."