A2 C43 - Prince Yin Chenghao

Since Nanny Ge returned to the palace that day, there had been no movement from Concubine Mei. To settle the unease of Lady Mei, she secretly sent someone to the General's Mansion to inquire about the news, and was relieved when she learned that Chu Xinian was still safe.

In fact, Chu Xinian is not only safe, he is like a fish in water in the General's Mansion. Xie Jingyuan doesn't seem to take care of things very much, as long as Chu Xinian doesn't make any big disturbances, no matter what strange actions he makes, the other party will most likely turn a blind eye—

For example... grabbing a box of ants?

Now that the weather has not yet warmed up, ants don't come out to move around much. It took a lot of effort for Chu Xinian to barely catch dozens of them. After all, he didn't know where to find a guinea pig.

Xie Jingyuan was afraid of the cold and still stayed at home. He was lying on the bed reading military books, and when he glanced out of the corner of his eye, he saw Chu Xinian sneaking around the window, not knowing what he was doing.

He didn't want to care about it at first, but his interest was aroused again. He dropped the book slightly and observed it without any trace.

Chu Xinian dipped a brush coated with honey, drew a line leading inside the house at the position of the window frame, and placed five ants at the starting point. After the ant was dizzy for a while, it began to crawl slowly into the line along the traces of honey. When it was about to crawl inside the house, it turned around and fled to other places one by one.

Small animals are born with keen senses, and they seem to know that the house is extremely dangerous.

Chu Xinian entered the room, and under Xie Jingyuan's watchful eye, he took out the aromatherapy ball hanging on the bed and put it into his sleeve, and asked the servants brought from Quyang Hou's mansion to move out all the incense burners, incense tripods and flower arrangements in the house. The room became empty in an instant.

Xie Jingyuan raised his eyebrows slightly: "Chu Xinian, do you want to rebel?"

Standing by the window, Chu Xinian lowered his head and teased the ants in the box with his fingertips, lowered his eyes and smiled, "The sun is just right today, and those things are all damp. It's not bad, it's good to have a good time."

Besides, it was Xie Jingyuan who wanted to rebel, not Chu Xinian.

Xie Jingyuan threw the book, and said with a ‘warm-hearted’ sly smile: "What on earth do you want to do, tell me, this general can help you."

He put on his mask again during the day, and the other half of his face seemed to be invisible, covered tightly and cannot be exposed to the scorching sun and the watchful eyes of other people.

Chu Xinian didn't speak. He is a rigorous person, he would not open his mouth casually until his inner guess is confirmed, he just said: "Just basking in the sun."

He was waiting for the smell in the room to dissipate. Standing by the window, the warm sun leans over. The whole person is carved out of jade, like a banished immortal, never knowing why such a person is rumored as a fool.

Yun Que stepped forward quietly, pretending to be waiting on the sidelines, and said to Chu Xinian in a low voice while serving tea: "My lord, I have found out everything."

She helped Mrs. Wang, who was laundering clothes in the backyard, washed her clothes for several days, and the other party was so happy that she couldn't see her teeth, to the point that she almost recognized Yun Que as her daughter. During the chat, Yun Que also found out a lot of secrets in the mansion.