A2 C56 - A Banquet of Nobles and Scholars (2)

The Prince of the small county of Guangping sent invitations to the Crown Prince to show courteousness to his relatives, but the Prince did not treat him as an outsider at all, and he would come to the banquet every time. The little county king went inside shoulder to shoulder.

When they passed by Chu Xinian and Xie Jingyuan, they just greeted each other casually, not as warm as they were in the mansion.

Chu Xinian looked at the back of the Prince going away, thoughtfully, thinking that although the Prince is usually reckless and impulsive, he still has some thoughts after all, knowing how to put on an appearance on the surface.

Although many people know that Xie Jingyuan is a member of the princeling party, it is not a good thing for the Prince to make friends with courtiers, and he is suspected of forming a rebel. If the censor heard the news, the next day's impeachment of the Prince would be full on the Emperor's desk.

Today's banquet is crowded with people, so it's better to keep a distance on the bright side.

Xie Jingyuan was full of disgust for this kind of occasion, the corners of his lips curved like sarcasm and felt that those literati who recited sour poems were like big white geese shouting in the lake, which was quite funny.

"General, let's go, the banquet has already begun."

Chu Xinian took his hand and walked towards the Jinlin Pavilion. The paper fan in white clothes was elegant and graceful, and it was more elegant and bookish than those literati.

Xie Jingyuan lowered his eyes and squinted at Chu Xinian holding his hand, thinking that if this person wanted to read poetry, he could reluctantly listen to it and cheer him on. Chu Xinian didn't have that sour look on his body.

Jinlin Pavilion is located in the middle of the lake, surrounded by water. Except for boat trips, there is only one corridor on the shore. Thousands of golden carp are raised in the lake, and those with outstanding talents may be able to "Jump into the glorious peak".

The Prince is the master of the ceremony and he was supposed to take the high seat, but thinking of the position of the Crown Prince as higher than him, he still said according to the etiquette: "Your Highness, please take the seat."

"This is not a palace, you don't need to be too polite, just sit here alone. Today, it's only about talent and learning, no matter whether you are high or low."

These words are beautiful, and they don't seem to come from his mouth.

Chu Xinian observed everyone present with great interest. His eyes swept over those masters of fame and learning, young and talented, and unexpectedly found that there were many young ladies from aristocratic families sitting in it, with hairpins and floral dresses, adding to the scene of the Golden Scale Pavilion.

Seeing Chu Xinian staring at those women, Xie Jingyuan followed suit, laughed lightly, and asked without emotion, "How is it, is it pretty?"

Chu Xinian held a folding fan in his hand, hearing the words in his palm. He tapped twice, and said with a smile: "You are too observant, you are naturally the most good-looking."

What he looked at was not the appearance, but the youthful spirit. All the people here today, if you are lucky enough to meet a master, you will step out of the Dragon Scale Pavilion a thousand steps up in the ladder of fame and glory. In the future, you may either become an official butcher, or become famous all over the world. Your future is boundless.

When Chu Jiaoping entered an official position, he debated and lectured on classics at a banquet of scholars and fought with many literary masters. Since then, he has become famous in Great Yan and was accepted by Prince Jin.