A6 C167 - The Audience Are Shock

Princess Yannian was born from the queen, and she is also the only princess under Emperor Zhou, so she is very popular. Recently, the Empress Dowager's health has been deteriorating, and the Fortune-teller told them that a wedding can bring good luck. It just so happens that Princess Yannian is just stuck in her boudoir, and she is also at the age of marriage, so Emperor Zhou held such a contest to find a son-in-law.

At noon today, the Emperor and the Queen brought all the civil and military officials and the royal family members to the Sifang Pavilion to personally select a prince for the princess. In addition, envoys from neighboring foreign countries all came, and they were obviously eyeing the sweet pastry of Princess Yannian.

Rong Xuan sat in the rickety carriage, and couldn't remember how he was dragged up by Nalan Chun. He put the long sword across his knees, and raised his eyes to look at the brocade-clothed young man opposite him: "Your Highness of the Vassal County, I'm just a man dressed in white. I really can't compete for the princess. I'm afraid I'll disappoint your kindness."

Nalan Chun quickly waved his hand: "Master, there is no need to be humble, even if you don't go to the competition, it's good to watch the excitement."

Compared to Rong Xuan's indifference, Rong Zhengqing was in high spirits, and kept asking beside him, "What does the princess look like?"

Nalan Chun gave a thumbs up: "She looks like a fairy!"

Rong Zhengqing asked again: "How is her character?"

Nalan Chun gave another thumbs up: "Gentle and virtuous!"

The more Rong Zhengqing listened, the more satisfied he became: "What's more?"

Nalan Chun made a gesture of playing the piano, bragging to the utmost, boasting like there is no heaven and earth: "She knows everything about piano, chess, calligraphy and painting, and she's also proficient in archery, horse-riding and swordsmanship!"

Rong Xuan sat aside with his arms crossed, quietly watching Nalan Chun bragging. Zhao Yannian is a character he wrote, so he definitely knows what kind of character she is. Although the other party looks like a fairy, she was born stupid, not to mention piano, chess, calligraphy and painting. Whether she can recognize Chinese characters is all a problem.

While speaking, the carriage had already stopped at the entrance of Sifang Pavilion. When he opened the sedan chair curtain, he saw that the entrance was full of imperial guards. Anyone who entered had to be searched, and hidden weapons were not allowed.

Seeing this, Rong Zhengqing jumped out of the carriage and couldn't help frowning: "Isn't it about martial arts competitions to recruit a prince? How could they compete without a weapon?"

Nalan Chun explained: "For the sake of His Majesty's safety, no weapons can be seen within three feet of the Emperor's front, so those who participate in the competition can only use wooden swords to fight."

In a sense, this rule also guaranteed the fairness of the contest. After all, if swordsmanship is at the same level, those with sharper weapons must be better. A peerless sword can even raise the strength of a swordsman to a higher level.

There are at least hundreds of people who came to participate in the competition today. Among them, there are poor and rich, noble and common folks, and there are naturally many weapons. Using a wooden sword is the easiest way to test out the true level.

Rong Zhengqing thought about it, and handed over the sword without hesitation. He has reached the first rank, and the sword is in his heart. He can kill people just by flying flowers and picking leaves. Whether he has a sword or not is no longer important to him.