Chapter 1 - My first years

If you ever ask anyone about me, they will tell you that this is Eve that you're talking about. After all, this is what they know me by and it is by that name that they recognized me. The name Eve was the one that was given to me when I first became aware of the world around me. I was an orphan girl, with no knowledge of who my parents were. At least, in Fiore for there is a secret that I hold in my breast, a secret that most will consider strange and downright out of this world if you ever heard of it, but considering what I have witnessed in my years as I grew up, I am not sure if I would have believed it if I didn't live it.

First of all, I wasn't always Eve.

I was what you might call misfile in the reincarnation thing that happens when you died and reborn as someone else. In reincarnation, the memories of your past life get erased and you are a new slate when you get to live again, so to speak, and you start living in the location, world or country that you got reborn in.

Well not me.

I still remember the way I died quite clearly, so clearly in fact that I can still remember the man that killed me, the look in his eyes as he stared at me in horror from the gun that was in his hand and the screams that echoed around us.

In my past life, I was a college student, working in a part time job at Tims Horton, a popular Canadian café. I was just turning twenty three, getting off my shift one late Thursday night. I was in music, recording stuff so I was pretty good with a piano and a guitar which had been guilty pleasure of mine. Blame Linkin Park on that one, after all, it's one of their songs that inspired me to play guitar.

At first, I didn't even notices the man until I heard the quick footsteps and I turned around suddenly. The man's attention wasn't on me, but looking behind him. Because I stopped walking abruptly and he slammed into me with quite a bit of force...

BANG

The gunshot was extremely loud in the silence of the night and both of us jumped apart. At first I couldn't understand what caused the sound until I noticed the gun's muzzle sticking out of his jacket out of a hole, probably made from the bullet. He stared at me in horror and I feel the pain burning in my chest as the feelings burned through my body and I fell down on the ground...

It was in that moment that I realized that I had gotten shot...I can hear the man saying something in French but I couldn't actually hear anything except the rushing blood in my ears and something wet and warm pooling around my body...

Then I heard screams...

After that nothing else except darkness.
-----------------------

When I became aware again, I couldn't neither see nor feel anything. But I can tell that my cocoon was moving and feel something big and spidery like touching my back as I swayed left and right. It caused me to become suddenly restless and I was now crying.

But I didn't understand why I was crying and why my eyes wouldn't open. I was a full grown person and I didn't cry like that ever since I was a small...child...

I can hear a voice talking probably a woman's from the tone of it. A voice was hushing at me and rocking my body, the way someone does to a baby which was totally ludicrous since I was an adult. I didn't need to be and someone put something in my mouth.

It was a plastic like feeling in my mouth, cutting off my crying and with the woman's gentle sway I slowly start to fall asleep, but not before realizing that the large spidery like feeling on my back, was in fact a person's hand.

But why were the people so large? What was going on?

I couldn't think of anything else as sleep overtake me.