Chapter 86 - The Parallel World

Lights completely overtook my vision. I couldn't see anything in front of me and all I could feel was the wind blowing through my hair and the feeling of being squeezed through a small hole. Then as abruptly as it came, the light dissipated and I could finally see where I was going.

The first thing I could see was an endless blue sky, with clouds floating in the distance as well as…lands. All around me, I could see floating islands; all filled with trees and life as well as what looks like to be a river in the sky…

Then, the second thing I became aware of that I was high in the air, looking down straight toward the ground which was really far away…

Oh Shit, I thought.

I suddenly started to fall toward the ground which was coming really fast straight toward me. I instantly summoned out my wings from my back, the large golden wings which flapped on either side of my body causing me to stabilize in the air as I let out a soft sigh.

"Well that was close…wait a minute, where is Lucy?" I said.

I glanced around myself searching for the blonde.

"Hey Lucy, are you there?" I asked.

"EEEVE,"

I glanced down toward the voice finding the said girl hanging on the side of a cliff. The blonde was hanging by her shirt which seems to have gotten stuck upon a rock. I smiled to myself floating close toward her.

"How is it hanging?" I asked her.

"That's not funny Eve," the blonde yelled, "C'mon, help me out."

I laughed a little before grabbing her hand and pulling her out of her hanging situation and with her arms around my shoulders; I took off toward the ground beneath us and landed down in a small forest, letting her drop on the ground and then landing beside her.

"I didn't know you could fly," Lucy told me with a curious glance.

I smiled at her.

"Well it's something I use every now and then and it's pretty useful," I told her chuckling.

I glanced around where we were and taking notice of the strange plants and weird smell around us. I also noticed the strange Planets or moons that were visible by just looking at the sky and the floating islands in the distance.

"So this is Edolas," I whispered.

"How is Mystogan expecting us to find our friends with no clues of where to look?" Lucy asked.

I frowned to myself thinking.

I don't remember a lot of what happened in this arc, I thought, I guess I am going to have to work the old fashion way.

"Maybe we can start exploring," I told her, "We don't know anything about this world we are in right now. Maybe if we can figure out this world, we can maybe find a clue as to where our friends are at the moment."

Lucy seems to think about it.

"You're right," she said, "But where should we start looking, unless you haven't noticed, we're kind of in the middle of a jungle."

"I know," I told her, "I'll fly up and see if I could see a city or something of this nature to check things out."

"Okay," The blonde told me.

I gave her a small smile before summoning out my wings again. Then I aimed up straight up above the many trees that surrounded us and searched through the area around us. I can see sands in the distance, a little farther away from where we were along with a number of many cliffs but there was no sign of any type of any life around here.