Chapter 140 - Accepting Oneself

Chapter Cover: Eve seating in a lotus position with candles around her.

It had been a few weeks since the Festival had taken place. I had enjoyed the time off for what it was and I was thankful to Law for giving me at least a break from the endless training I had thrown myself into ever since I first arrived at the Samurai place. But now that the Festival had passed and it is behind me, I had now refocused myself into my training at Mastering RuneSave which is an easier task said than done.

In my entire life, ever since I had bonded with RuneSave, the sword had always answered to me by the lightest thought and feeling coming from me. It had always there for me like an old friend that always had my back whenever I needed them to be there…

But now, there was nothing from the blade.

I stared at the weapon I was holding in my hand. The gleaming blade showed my reflection upon it's form and I can see the shadow underneath my eyes and the sign of fatigue all over my features and I can also see the frustration that was mounting within me because of little progress I had made for it…If had made any progress at all during my entire time there…

I couldn't understand it at all.

I couldn't figure out as to why I couldn't make this damn sword work again. I had tried everything I could think of, every suggestion that either Law or one of the samurai I had trained with but there was nothing. There wasn't even a sign that RuneSave and I even bounded together in the first place…

"Hard at work I see."

I turned my gaze away from the sword that I was holding, turning toward the new arrival. Totomaru was there dressed in a kimono upon his form. The young man had both of his hands in front of him as his arms were crossed. His face showed a little bit of curiosity as he observed me in the middle of the dojo with the sword.

"I didn't see you in bed this morning when I came to your room," he started as he approached me, "Starting training a little early today?"

"Yes," I answered him with a shrug of my shoulders, "The Tournament is only a week away, so I wanted to at least try to do something with this damn sword but nothing is working."

I stared at the blade in my hand.

"I've tried everything I could think of," I said, "Every trick I could figure out but the damn blade isn't responding to me…It might as well be just another sword."

I sheathed it back into the pocket and made my way toward where the outside of the dojo's door. The sun was already high in the sky, the heat of the midday settling in quite nicely after all, we were in summer now. I took a seat at the entrance as Totomaru approached me, and taking a seat beside my form.

"So you're giving up?" he asked.

"I might as well," I answered, feeling angry at myself.

Totomaru let out a soft hum as he observed the distance. My attention, however was upon the grass that extended in front of the dojo. I stared as it danced lightly in the blowing wind that was coursing through the area. It was like an heavy weight was pushing itself upon my shoulder, a weight that I didn't even know what to do with, nor let go…

"I still believe there is something that you're missing," he said after a while.

I gave him a sideway glance of confusion.

"What?"

"The way you have bonded with this sword Eve," Totomaru told me, "I have never seen anything like that before. Even without your magic, RuneSave's own power should have been able to be used like any Holder type magic."