Chapter 96 - Risk it all to save our friends

Eve POV

The afternoon sunset casted a red glow around me as I sped through the sky following the long Dragon Chain up toward where the lacrima was. I was using my magic to speed up quite a lot and I the wind was howling in my ear as I flew straight up toward where it was situated. I was pushing my magic to its limits so that I could get there in time and probably stop that lacrima from colliding with the Kingdom of the Cats…

It may be a hopeless case…but I sure as hell isn't giving up, I thought.

"EVE,"

I turned my head searching for whoever screamed my name out. Strangely it sounded exactly like Lucy's voice. I stopped flying and turned around, searching for where Lucy was situated but I couldn't actually see the girl but what I saw caused me to widen my eyes in surprise.

Flying straight toward where I am, was a giant blue looking creature with large bat like wings. It was oddly reminiscent of a dinosaur with its large jaws and long legs and small arms. In all honesty, it looked exactly like a T-rex…that is, if a T-rex had wings and could fly.

"What in the world…," I murmured.

The large creature let out a roar as it passed beside me and an armored hand suddenly shoot out from its back I was pulled by my arms and was slammed upon the creature's form on my back. I winced lightly at the force I hit it, grimacing at the pain.

"Sorry,"

I looked beside me and crouched there with her hair flying in the wind was Erza. She had some wounds upon her face but other than that she seems alright. I seated up, glancing around at the group. Gray, Lucy and Natsu along with an unknown girl.

"What are you doing here Eve?" Lucy asked me, "I thought you were with Gajeel at the lacrima."

"Gajeel and Happy went ahead," I answered her, "Something else came up that I had to fight against…I guess things didn't go as well as we could have hoped."

"We tried to trick the soldiers into firing the Dragon Chain Cannon at the lacrima to save our friends but it didn't work out as well as we have hoped," Gray told me.

I frowned turning my glance toward the sky at the lacrima which was slowly getting larger as we get closer.

"So, we're going to stop this with our bare hands then," I said.

"Yes," Erza answered, "You up for it?"

I smirked.

"I thought you'll never ask."

The large creature continues to fly as the wind howled in our ears with how fast it was going. It was faster than my Flight ability but still, it feels like we were never going to get there. As the sun was slowly disappearing from sight, the night sky was slowly filled up with the planets and stars and then, as we grew closer to it, the lacrima was glowing a bright red as it moved across the sky, aiming straight for another island...which was right upon it's path.

The kingdom of the Exceeds Extalia, I thought, frowning.

The lacrima was moving through the sky like a red meteor with the bright red glow it was casting around itself, and I can even hear the wind blowing around it as it grew closer and close to the Exceed's capital.

C'mon, faster, I thought, "Can't this thing go any faster?"

"It's the Maximum speed," the unknown girl told me.

"C'mon, let's go," Natsu yelled out from where he sat at the front of the creature which to my surprise he wasn't having any type of motion sickness at the moment, "If we can't stop this thing, everyone we know will die."