Chapter 126 - Callard

The Boundery Forest.

In all my years here in Fiore Kingdom, this was one of the most monster infected and desolated place in the entire country. Stretching up to hundred of miles in all of it's direction, it was a wide open space that was filled with large trees which stretched tall into the sky and the humid air within the forest made it quite hot with the sun shining right above us.

But that was where Éclair needed to go to meet with that Callard guy, and that is how me, Erza, Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Wendy, Carla, Gray were here moving through this seemingly never ending forest that stretched in all direction.

Golden feathers flew all around the group heading in many directions as I felt for the surrounding magic energy of the numerous habitants that were around us. I frowned lightly to myself as I walked beside Éclair and her flying bird, Momon as we moved forward. With my sensing ability and with Éclair guiding us forward, we have managed to avoid a lot of battles with numerous monsters though, we still run into large amount of the inhabitants of these woods.

"Eve, anything?" Erza asked.

I turned my gaze toward the redhead.

"Nothing so far, since that last monster we defeated," I answered her.

"A good thing Erza brought you along Eve," Lucy said, "I can only imagine how tired we would be fighting monsters left and right."

I smiled at the blonde.

"Nothing different than what you guys have gone in the past I am sure," I told her.

The blonde simply chuckled softly at me.

"I had no idea that you could do something like this Eve," Gray told me with both his hands into his pockets, "Tracking monsters using their magical energy like that."

I gave the Ice wizard a sideway glance.

"It's something I knew how to do ever since I was a child," I told him, "With Gajeel Dragon Slayer instincts and my sensing ability, we were the best monster slaying teams in the entire former Phantom Lord guild."

"Yeah you guys were quite famous back then," Wendy said with a light smile.

I gave her a small smirk before turning forward addressing the brown haired girl that was walking a little way away from where we were.

"Éclair…," I called out drawing her attention, "We just have to keep heading straight like this right?"

"Yes," the young woman answered me.

"Um…guys," Lucy said, "I don't want to be a downer but how about we take a break? We've been walking since morning and I am starting to feel a little hungry."

"She is right," Carla said, "I am starting to feel a little famished as well."

Éclair turned toward them as Momon approached her, "It will be a good way to replenish our strength."

"Very well," the girl answered approaching.

The group made their way into a small camp as the group took a seat down in circle beside one of the giant trees that was closest to us. I stayed standing for a few moments before walking forwad.

"Eve?" Happy called.

I turned my gaze toward the Exceed.

"You're not going to rest with us?" Natsu asked, "You have been using your magic for a good part of the day."

"My Resonance spell doesn't use a lot of magic energy," I told him, "It's quite a basic spell as simple as lighting your hand on fire. I'm going to scout on ahead to see how many monsters we're going to have to dodge before we get where we're supposed to go."