Chapter 186 - Eye of Death

Chapter Cover: Eve standing there as she was covering one of her eyes with her hair and had a smile upon her face.

In the few hours that passed since James left me in the room, I had decided to take a shower and get a change of clothes from the pack I had brought along with me. I placed my long sleeved shirt with the Heart Kruz logo upon the shirt's as well as a knee length skirt. When I was done dressing I had decided to simply glance around the room and taking in the small objects that were upon the bedside table and even opened the drawers to see what was in them but they were all empty of everything.

I'm not really sure what I was going to find in the room, but I was still disappointed that I didn't find anything about the Mable family. I had never heard of them before but then again, I am not going to know actually everything there is to know about everyone and from how wealthy that Elizabeth seem with the kind of money she can throw around, I doubt that we would have ever crossed path without one of us seeking out the others…

Lying down alone in this room made me think of Erza. With how well I had woken up this morning within the arms of my beloved, it would be strange to find that I will go to sleep and wake up alone that night. Just thinking about her causes me to think back to the nice night before and the passionate kissing that had followed. I could feel that same carnage need burning within my chest and it made me long for her even more.

I let out a soft sigh and a knock at the door drew my attention.

"Miss Eve?" James voice boomed from the other side of the wooden door, "Dinner is ready."

I quickly made my way toward the door and opened it. James was standing behind the door both of his hands behind his back as he large form towered above me. His blue eyes, however, were twinkling with that same strange light that I had seen around him earlier when he had bowed down to me.

"Come along now," he said with a light bow again, "Lady Mable is waiting for you."

"Let's not keep the Lady of the House waiting then," I said.

"Indeed," James smiled.

I followed him down the same hallway that we walked through earlier thought this time we didn't go all the way down the stairs of the entrance. He turned at a corner and then reached a double door which he opened. The room was large with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling the light from the lacrima above giving the room a soft orange glow. I noticed that the sun had all but disappeared from the horizon as the sky was turning into a dark indigo color, the stars appearing before appearing like twinkling white flames.

Elizabeth was already there in the room, with a plate right in front of her but she wasn't eating from what I can see of her. The young woman's attention, however, was fixed upon some papers that were in front of her and she had her eyes narrowed almost like she was unhappy about what she was reading. At our entrance, she had looked up and that anger was instantly replaced by that same smile she always had upon her lips whenever she looked at me.

"Eve," she greeted giving me a smile, "Take a seat. James makes the best dishes."

I approached her and took a seat so that I could be face to face with her. The girl folded the papers she was reading and simply left them there. She was wearing a different dress than the ones from earlier and it looked as expensive as that one did. It was a light green from what I can observe but the orange light of the lacrima above us caused the dress to appear strangely cream colored.

"I'll take your word for it," I told her.

She gave me that small grin.

"So is the room you're staying in to your liking?" she asked placing both of her hands underneath her chin.