Chapter 81 - The Hunt on Mount Hakobe

It had been a few days since the Dragonoid event.

The Magic Council had been yet again moved into action to deal with the mess that Daphne had made thought most of the destruction that had been done to the city of Magnolia had been done by the Dragonoid, which at the time was Natsu, but the Council didn't need to know that.

They hadn't wanted to thank Fairy Tail for what had happened but it's more likely that because they don't like to admit Fairy Tail had done something for them but with all the mess Daphne had caused for both Magnolia and The Village without Sound, she is probably going to be on trial and going to prison for a long time…

As for me…

Well, I had to go back to Oak Town and try to dig out as much of the mess as I could from my remains of my apartment and it wasn't like there was much left to do. Uzumaki's lodging was a great cheap place that is comfortable and I guess that I should find a new place to stay.

"Damn these guys really did a number on it," Mui said.

I sighed.

"I doubt I would find anything salvageable in there," I said throwing over a piece of rubbles, "It's going to be a drag finding a new place to stay."

Mui gave me a glance.

"How would that be hard to do?" he asked, "You've got quite a heafty sum from the work you've done while in Fairy Tail."

"Yeah," I told him, "But I don't really have enough money to actually buy a new place considering I didn't go on jobs much and since I've buy my new guitar…"

Mui stayed silent.

"Why don't you ask someone from Fairy Tail if you can room with them for a few days?" he asked, "You can ask Erza."

I gave him a glance frowning.

"I couldn't ask her to do something like that," I answered him with a sigh and stepping out of the remains of my home with the young man following after me, "I could always ask Miyu and Sakura if I can stay with them again…"

"They're the people who've raised you right?"

"They've given me a home to stay in when I was a kid," I told him placing both of my hands into my pockets, "I moved out when I made enough money to support myself and going back there would make me feel like I've made a step back."

"Then do like I said," Mui said, "Ask Erza if you can stay with her for a few…"

"Okay," I said coming to a stop turning toward him, "What's with you? You've been hounding me to ask Erza to stay at her place ever since you found out that my apartment was destroyed."

"Considering she is your childhood friend," Mui answered with a raised eyebrow, "I would have though she would be the first person you'd ask when you need help."

I stayed silent mulling over what he said. He was right in a way. Erza should have been the first person I would ask for help when I was in trouble but…

"C'mon Eve," he said drawing my attention at him, "Samara is going to leave after the Cherry Blossom Festival tomorrow and you wont have a place to stay anymore."

Ever since the Dragonoid incident, I have been staying in a hotel room in Magnolia with Samara who had rented it for a few days. It was close to Lucy's neighborhood too so in the mornings, I usually met with the blonde when we were heading up toward the guild. I let out a sigh.

"Eve," he asked.

"Fine," I told him, "I'll ask her."

Mui grinned.