Chapter 70 - Hellfire

Samara's entire body was shaking with fear when the people said that they were here for her and I wasn't about to let that happen. I can feel the feathers appearing around my body as my magical energy grew high. These people weren't going to take my sister away from me…that much I could guarantee it.

"You are not taking her," I snarled.

The woman's attention was then turned toward me. Her eyes were purple and I can see the recognition appearaing within their depths as I made my way to stand right in front of Samara's form. She had a small smirk growing upon her lips.

"Well, well," she said, "Seems that we are about to cross path with quite a wizard, the Golden Angel herself."

"That little brat is the Golden Angel?" The man with the strange symbols in his hand said, "I would have expected her to be older, considering how powerful people are saying she is."

"It doesn't matter who she is," the one with the hood spoke, "We are to take the target and destroy anything that gets in our way."

He raised his hand and a magic circle was brought to life in front of him. It was similar to the ones I have seen in the past but, the difference was the diamond shaped symbol in the middle of the circle before he let out a hail of crystal from within it.

"Raining Crystal Swords," he said.

Swords made out of crystal shoot out of it and they all aimed straight toward me. Moving instantly on instinct, I instantly summoned out my Shield blocking the attack instantly with my right hand summoning it out and I made my hand toward RuneSave on my back…

But there was nothing but air behind me.

Shit, I must have left it in the room, I thought, stupid…not taking my damn sword when I was attacked. That should be the first thing I had taken…

"Eve," Samara called.

"Stay back Samara," I told her, "I'll take care of those three alright."

Samara looked worried.

"Be careful," she said.

I smiled at her before returning my attention toward the trio in front of me and I instantly threw the feathers I had summoned toward them as they started to swirl around the group drawing their attention at the happenings around them.

Noticing that they were distracted I smirked.

"Heaven's Feather Grand Carnival,"

"Cancel," another voice said.

The Feathers that I had send out were all instantly snuffed out of existence and I feel my eyes widen in surprise at the phenomenon that had just happened in front of me. I stared at it, completely godsmacked.

What happened to my feathers? I thought surprised.

But I didn't have time to worry about that for my enemies, the Crystal Magic user instantly sends out a large Crystal pillar aiming it straight toward me I summoned my shield to block…at least, I tried to, for my magic wasn't responding to my command.

What…what happened to my magic?

"Eve look-out," Samara yelled from behind me.

I instantly looked up toward the crystal pillar aiming straight for us and without my magic to protect us, we'll be vulnerable. I instantly took hold of Samara's form and threw her to the side just as the pillar smashed straight into me sending me flying backward toward the other end of the lobby and into the wall.

I heard Samara scream my name out as pain throbbed through my form and I can taste blood upon my lips. The Crystal in front of me dissipated and I fell forward landing upon my knees as blood fell down on the ground in front of me. I couldn't understand what was going on and why I couldn't use my magic…