Chapter 138 - RuneSave's Hidden Power

Chapter Cover: Eve dressed in a kimono with RuneSave in her hand.

Three Days later…

The night had fallen quite a long time ago now with the moon shining high above in the sky. I was seating down by the fire and had something cooking on a few sticks that I had hunted for a little bit of hidden animals that lived in the wild forest of Fiore. I placed some firewood so that it could burn warmer and then I turned my attention back toward the sword that was lying down upon the grass by the fire.

I stared at it for a few seconds before picking up and taking a seat down upon the bedroll that I had rolled out. I pulled the sword out of its pocket. Staring at the gleaming blade in my hand, I noticed the designs of the feathers that had appeared upon the blade when I first bonded with it all those years ago. The sword still felt exactly as it did felt all those years ago when I first saw it in that glass case it had been in back at the old Museum.

So there is a bond between me and that blade, I thought, Doses that mean that I can use it the same way I usually use it.

I concentrated, trying to make it go to it's Masamune form but it didn't change form at all just stayed the same form it was. It wasn't budging at all and I tried even harder but the blade stayed the same as it always was so I simply gave up trying to actually change it. It was strange not feeling the magic coursing through my body like when I had magic going through my form and it was one of the reason I was still awake.

It was a little scary to go to sleep alone now without my sense of magic to actually warm me of the danger or to be able to sense where the animals were. It had taken me quite a while to actually catch the food I am currently cooking.

You may wonder exactly where I was going at the moment, well, I am heading up toward the Samurai place. If there was one place in Fiore that could actually teach me how to use my sword was Totomaru. It had been seven years now since I have seen him and it made me wonder exactly what he had been up to the for the past seven years. I was a little surprised that he hadn't come down to the guild when the world announced that the Fairy Tail group that had gone missing had come back.

Then again, he was probably working hard at the Samurai's place and was probably too busy to actually come down to see if I was alive or not. I turned my gaze toward the sword that I had placed upon my lap and raised my fingers to actually to touch the blade and as usual, my finger simply went through the metal like it wasn't even there.

How odd, I thought, considering that I didn't have any magic right now. I didn't think it would have gone through my body…but if it, could it be that I have trace of magic within me?

I thought to myself and tried to create the feathers I usually did but there was nothing that materialized around me but trying to actually use it caused me to feel odd…as if I was trying to fill up a space within my body with something and I had to place my hand upon my head at the sudden feeling.

It felt like I was running low on air so I actually stopped doing what I was doing so that I don't pass out or something. It was then I noticed that RuneSave had a small glow upon the blade. I glanced down at the sword seating upon my lamp noticing that gold like color was shining but it was coming from the feathers designs that were upon the blade…

So when I tried to use magic…because I am bonded to it…it responded, I thought frowning, I never actually noticed that before. All that time I had thought that its only power was to absorb magic…

The strange zig-zag like shape it had taken when it had absorbed Laxus's magic caused me to frown. Was it because of the lightning magic that had caused it to take that shape, or was there something else at play. I had that sword for more than fifteen years now and I barely know anything about it…It made me wonder exactly how I have to use this sword now that I don't have any magic.