Chapter 41 - Discovering the past

When I came to, I was staring at a wooden ceiling. First thing that came to mind was that all that had happened was a dream, but then the pain started to register and I knew then it wasn't a dream. I glanced to the side and noticed Gajeel lying on the bed beside mine his body having some bandages as well. I haven't seeing him that beat up since the end of the Phantom vs Fairy war.

It also made me wonder where exactly I was?

I glanced down my form and noticed that I didn't have much bandages upon my form but I can feel something wrapped around my head…thought I don't remember hitting my head…nor do I remember what happened after I casted the Heaven's Shell.

I threw my senses out, trying to feel any magical signatures around us but they were none except for Gajeel who was beside me…RuneSave was lying on the side of my bed and there was Juvia who seemingly is nearby but I couldn't tell how far she was and then there was Totomaru, and he seems to be just in the next room.

Then the door of the place I was in was opened and a young woman entered inside it carrying a lamp, lighting the room in an orange glow. She had her hair pulled up in a bun similar how I see people do it in old Japanese movies that I remember seeing.

She placed the lamp upon the table in the middle of both and mines Gajeel's bed and turned her attention toward the Dragon Slayer. Then she started to work in checking the bandages, barely disturbing him. I was quite taken aback by how subtle her work was and she seems to be quite skilled into what she was doing for she was done in a few minutes.

Then she turned herself toward me and her eyes met mine and she jumped.

"Goodness me…," she said.

"Sorry if I startled you," I told her.

"I didn't realized you were awake," she said, "I had expected you to wake up tomorrow at the earliest."

I frowned.

"How long was I out?"

"Mistress Mai brought you back a little after noon," the woman said, "You and your friends were all badly wounded…we've been healing you since then. Although, I wonder into what kind of trouble your kind can get into? I mean…really, venturing into that old building."

I stare at the woman.

"No one attacked the compound?"

"Lord Ishimaru have our samurai on watch for the night," the woman said, "wizards or not, they'll have quite a hard time trying to get past them."

They won't stand a chance against Grimoire's Heart best, I thought.

I didn't chose to voice this after all, I didn't want to break the woman's trust in her people warriors. She probably didn't see what Gajeel and I did when we busted down the front Entrance of the Compound, and I didn't even use my full strength then…and when I faced those guys, I am pretty sure they didn't even use their full strength against us…

"It seems that everything is fine so far," the woman spoke out interrupting my train of thoughts, "I'll just leave you to rest and heal up."

With that she left with the lamp she had come in with, engulfing the room into darkness again. I stared at the ceiling once more, before letting sleep take over.

When I woke up once more, sunlight was coming through the window and I felt completely fine considering that I had gotten beaten up by two of Grimoire's Heart best. I glanced around myself seeing that Gajeel was still asleep so I seated up, feeling a little stiff but nothing I can't get over.

After quickly dressing myself in the clothes that were placed beside my bed, placing my mask back in place, I took hold of RuneSave and walked out of the room sensing out for Juvia or Totomaru and I quickly found the latter seating outside of the house with a thoughtful look upon his face.