Chapter 53 - Home

"You're going to do what?"

I stared at the Iron Dragon Slayer in front of me, furrowing my brows. He looked completely baffled at me, his mouth actually dropping open. Juvia on her side looked surprised at the revelation but she didn't say anything other than blinking and with her face devoid of emotions, it was hard to tell what exactly she was thinking.

This morning, I had decided to speak to them of my decision of joining Fairy Tail, after all, it was the day that Erza and her friends were about to return to Magnolia and I was going to return with them. I thought it was best to simply tell them the true of it thus; it was why Gajeel was so surprised.

"I'm joining Fairy Tail," I told him keeping my voice steady and firm.

"But why?" Gajeel asked.

"To tell you the truth," I told him, "A month without work is starting to run me dry and it doesn't help when you crash at my apartment and eating my food. I only have enough money for my next rent pay…and after that I'm going to be dead broke."

Gajeel frowned.

"Juvia thinks it's a good idea to join a guild again," the Water wizard said, "And Juvia was also thinking of joining Fairy Tail to be with my beloved Gray."

"You too?" Gajeel said.

I let out a sigh glancing at the young man.

"What about you Gajeel?" I asked him, "Will you join Fairy Tail with us?"

Gajeel frowned.

"Why does it have to be that guild?" he asked, "There are a number of other guilds that we could join."

"Erza is there," I told him, "She made me the offer since after the war against them and I didn't have time to answer her with Totomaru coming with the problem he had with his family and the thing that happened there."

"Oh that reminds me," Gajeel said, "How come you never told us that Titania was from the same place as you?"

"It wasn't my secret to tell Gajeel," I told him crossing my arms, "I don't talk about other people's problem to other people…even so, why are you so against joining Fairy Tail?"

"Aren't you forgetting that I was the one that destroyed their previous guild hall?" he said raising his eyebrows, "Or the one who hung up their friends against a tree as a cruel display?"

I watched him for a few seconds.

"You didn't seems to be worried about that before," I said.

Gajeel looked down.

"I know I wasn't," he said, "Just thinking about everything up until now…the only reason they are going to let you join is because of your friendship with Titania and water girl here is in love with one of their members…what of me? What did I do to deserve to join them?"

I smiled, and shook my head.

"Gajeel…," I said, "You already atoned for what you've done for helping us with the Tower of Heaven. Did once during that time Erza, Gray Natsu and Lucy showed sign of distrusting you?"

Gajeel thought about it.

"Even after, Natsu seems to have made you another part of the gang with how much fun you two seems to have," I continued, "The two of you were making a competition out of everything…even the fireworks…so are you going to let Natsu get ahead of you because he is in a guild and in time he might even become stronger than now."

Gajeel seems ticked off about it.

"As if," he said, "The day I let Salamander get over me is the day I'll eat my shoe."