Chapter 160 - Battle of Dragon Slayers

Chapter Cover: Natsu and Gajeel standing side by side.

The cheers of the people were glad about the battle that had just happened but some of them were still bummed out that the match had ended in a draw. They were a few people that were clapping for the battle that just happened but I knew that we were mostly getting ready for the next match that was probably going to be the highlight of the day.

The battle between Sabertooth and Fairy Tail.

"Hey," Sakura said tapping me on the shoulder drawing my attention, "Our fight is up next."

I blinked at her and glanced down toward the Arena seeing the lacrima vision displaying Sabertooth vs Fairy Tail which is going to be happening in a few moments.

"Yeah, so it seems," I told her with a light smile upon my face.

"The crowd may be still be going wild from this match," Chipachu Lola said, "But the next match is sure to be just as exhilarating."

I stared at the battle on the arena seeing Sting and Rogue walking out for their guild. These guys were both dragon slayers. Both of my arms were crossed upon my chest, narrowing my eyes as I watched the two that we are going to fight against. They looked strong, there was no doubt about it, but they may look strong, it doesn't mean that they are going to be a problem for our guild.

"And now..," Lola said, "The battle that we have been waiting for. One guild was known to be the strongest in Fiore seven years ago, and the other currently holds the title. This is going to be a great match with Fairy Tail's Natsu and Gajeel taking on Sabertooth twins Dragon, Sting and Rogue. We are about to witness a battle of epic proportions for these aren't just ordinary wizards, they're Dragon Slayers."

I stared down at Gajeel and Natsu. The two looked more serious than I have ever seen them before. There wasn't even the previous anger that was on his face when Lucy was badly hurt by Minerva. Gajeel was always good at hiding his emotions but I can see the eagerness in his eyes so that he could start the fight that was going to start.

A small smile grew upon my lips.

"Good luck you guys," I said, "Bring us a win."

"The crowd is all hyped up," Lola said, "and I don't blame them. Now that the Dragon Slayers are on the field….who is going to emerge victorious…the Fairies or the Tigers?"

The bell rung and the battle had started.

Sting and Rogue started to run forward but in the blink of an eye, Natsu and Gajeel were upon them with Natsu heading for Sting and Gajeel aiming for Rogue and in sync they both launched a punch forward taking the Twin Dragons by surprise, and Natsu followed his own attack by launching a kick straight at Sting's stomach.

I smirked lightly at how the battle was going for them, as they have the advantage in the beginning of the battle. Sting having being pushed back by Natsu attack let out a roar attack which, to my surprise, looked like a laser and Natsu had managed to avoid it from hitting him by simply moving to the side but I saw that how close it came to hit him.

Sting revealed a new ability as he was able to twist his roar attack turning it toward where Gajeel stood causing an explosion but Gajeel had managed to avoid it by jumping backward. From behind Gajeel, Rogue launched an attack at him, his hands completely covered by shadow which he launched at him but Gajeel blocked the attack with his Iron Dragon Sword. With a smirk upon his face Gajeel threw Rogue off of him sending the Shadow Dragon Slayer back and slamming into a cloud of dust. Then from the dust, Natsu exploded from it holding Rogue by his face and slammed the young man against Sting before the latter could even move and then flames busted from around Natsu's hands before blasting through them.