Chapter 168 - Wrath of the Golden Flame

Chapter Cover: Eve holding RuneSave behind her as the Fairy Tail flag danced in the flag pole Natsu was carrying.

I stared at the fallen girl in front of me completely shocked at what had just happened. Kagura had placed a hand upon the wound that appeared upon her stomach as she lied there on the ground, groaning in pain. Blood was seeping through her fingers and I just stood there and stare at her, my mind still not fully processing what had just happened.

"Didn't I tell you before?" Minerva spoke out, her voice sounding as conceding as ever, "That I will show you how a queen rages war. A queen only dines on delicacies such as the severed head of a mermaid, with a wing pluck fairy for desert…"

I turned my gaze toward Minerva, still not fully processing what had just happened in front of me. My body wasn't moving like I wanted it to and I was still wondering how it all happened around me. I simply couldn't believe that everything that had happened in front of me.

"Minerva…you…," I said softly.

"Speechless that you were caught unaware in my plans," Minerva droned that satisfying look appearing in her eyes, "It is only natural after all, a prey never caught sight of a predator's claws until it's already too late to do anything. You little fairy, are now caught in the claws of the tiger."

I continued to stare at her, still unmoving.

"M…Millianna…," Kagura spoke out.

I turned my gaze down toward the girl on the ground. Kagura had tears in her eyes as she was lying down in front of me, with one of her hands holding the place where the stab wound was. The girl was shaking as she was crying.

"Eve…you have to save…Millianna," she said, "Please…"

I gave her a light nod, "Don't worry…I will."

"Whose Millianna?" Minerva asked, sounding confused for a moment, "Oh…the little kitten."

She raised her hand and then Millianna appeared from out of nowhere and fell down upon the ground, unconscious an unmoving. I made my way toward the fallen girl and kneeled beside her slumped form.

"As you can see, she is already down and out," she said, "I believe that I've earned another point."

I pulled Millianna toward me and gently tapped her face.

"Millianna," I whispered, "Hey Millianna, are you okay?"

The girl opened her eyes and they looked a little dazed in a way. Her eyes met mine and a small smile appeared upon her lips at the sight of me.

"I…Eve…," she said, "Is…Is…that you…?"

She passed out again. I stared down at her before realizing something was dripping upon my leg. I touched the area where it was coming from and when my hand pulled out, it was covered with blood. I can feel my eyes widening at the sight of blood and then glanced down at Millianna unconscious form.

I pulled the cloak she was wearing revealing her back and I could feel my stomach churn at the sight. Her back was completely riddled with slash mark as blood was dripping upon her back. It was heavily bruised and I stared at the wounds.

"W…What did you do?" I whispered.

"Frankly the two of you were just taking too long and I was getting bored," Minerva said, "I needed to do something to entertain myself. Her screams were quite lovely."

The image of Lucy being held by that woman at the throat flashed in my mind as the cold feeling settled within my chest. I gently picked Millianna up and walked toward where Kagura was lying down and placed her beside the fallen girl.