Chapter 12 - Child of heaven

The first thing I became aware of was the feel of the burning sun upon my skin and slowly after that, feelings started to travel all over my body, all the way down to my small toes. I was lying on my side on something soft and cold at the same time, becoming aware of the sound of heavy body of water slamming down upon the ground and I can feel it touching my feet.

With a soft grunt, I opened my eyes to the bright blurry world that was in front of me with something red slowly moving just in front of my vision. I blinked as everything came into focus and then the red thing blurry thing in my vision turns out to be a sea crab a few feet away moving slowly through the sandy ground. I blinked in confusion before slowly starting to seat up, feeling the sand sticking to the side of my face as I turned my attention around myself.

I was on a beach.

Tall palm trees stood in the distance from where I was seated along with few rocks and I took notice of a forest behind me. I turned my attention toward the sea behind me and I couldn't see a soul in sight in the distance. I pulled my legs forward and I slowly start to stand up but pain surged from my side causing me to put a hand upon it and I noticed that I had a cut the size of a palm and it had started to burn when I noticed it.

I tightened my jaws, and stood up before focusing my attention toward the sea in front of me. I can't believes I survived that ordeal with Jellal throwing me out of the Tower…

That was what I had forgotten, I thought, looking out toward the sea, Him getting manipulated by Ultear…Why didn't I go with Erza back then? I could have changed something…I could have…

Hot burning tears started to gather in my eyes and I feel them fall, but I quickly whipped them off. I knew that it was going to happen, I knew that Jellal was going to go evil and complete the Tower…I knew what was going to happen…

So why does it hurt this much? I thought, Why do I feel like I have been betrayed?

Jellal was my friend, so was Simon, Erza, Sho, Wally and Millianna along with Grandpa Rob who sacrificed his life. These events happened before in an anime I watched which felt so long ago…but it was no longer an anime…and those people were no longer characters of some grand plot of twist and turns by an author.

It wasn't just a story anymore.

I turned my attention from the sea in front of me and gazed at the forest before I started to walk. I have to figure out where I am and if I could go back to civilization and get some food or do something.

I walked through the trees, no longer hearing the sound of the sea but listening to the birds chirping and the many other sounds of the trees that I couldn't identify. Some of them looked similar to many trees I have seen in the past but heck, what do I know? Trees never really interested me in the past.

I thought back toward the Tower of Heaven, at Wally, Sho and Millianna. What is Jellal is going to tell them about what happened to me? Are they going to cry that I am no longer with them, and what of poor Simon? The young man obviously was looking forward to see his sister again when we fought for our freedom…and we were all going to go back home…and Grandpa Rob, he was supposed to go see his daughter again and Makarov to have a good drink over what happened in their lives…and share more stories with the rest of the Fairy Tail guild…

Tears had started to fall from my eyes and I didn't bother whipping them off. It was all just so sad…How many lives had been broken with what happened…how many dreams had been shattered…

I tripped over something, snapping me out of my thought sending down face first into the dirt. The side which had the wound burned and I gasped out in pain. Groaning softly, I turned my attention toward what had tripped me and noticed that it was a tree root which had stuck out of the ground.