Chapter 60 - The Harvest Festival

The Day of the Festival finally arrived.

The entire town was decorated with balloons and many people were wearing clothes which showed the Fairy Tail symbol. Magnolia had become alive with many stands in the large main street which were selling a lot of goods…but it seems that the most things that people were looking forward was the Fantasia parade that will be taking place later tonight.

I walked through the town making my way toward the guild with a smile upon my face…although none of the people could see it, after all, my collar was hiding it. I continued to walk until I caught sight of a music shop and they were having a sale from the look of it.

I stood there, staring at the shop for a few seconds.

In my old life, I was a music student and played some songs…but I never actually taken up the guitar here with magic and all…playing a guitar seems too ordinary. I made my way toward the shop and stepped inside.

The bell jingled as I stepped in, and I took notice of the many designs of guitar hanging upon the walls around and I smiled noticing also the rest of the instruments around us and I observed them for a few seconds.

"Hey there," the woman behind the counter said, "You're looking for something dear?"

"Yes," I told her, "I used to play instruments some time ago…and I wanted to give it a try."

The woman gave a light nod.

"What kind of instrument were you familiar with?" she asked.

I approached the guitars.

"I was familiar with those," I told her, "But mostly with the ones that were elec…I mean, the ones with lacrima."

She came to stand beside me.

"What don't you give this one a try," she asked picking up one of the wooden guitars and I noticed that it had the Fairy Tail symbol upon the side.

"It got the guild's emblem upon it," I told her.

"Well this is Fairy Tail's town after all," she told me, "I think it was a way of promoting the guild's presence."

I smiled.

I liked the color which was a mahogany and it had streaks of black around the body of the guitar and as I moved it, I noticed that the lines were softly changing color and I was surprised at that as well.

"It's changing colors," I told her.

"Yes," the woman said with a small laugh, probably at my surprised face, "It's a popular trend with most of the musicians…when you play the guitar the lights will shift depend to what kind of songs you are playing."

I glanced at the woman and my confusion was shown upon my face.

"Think of it this way," she explained, "If you're playing a ballad, the colors will be soft and gentle setting the mood with your audience…a party song will be bright and quick…and so forth."

"That sound quite cool," I told her.

The woman laughed again, "Yes it is…cool as you say."

"How much for it?" I asked.

"500,000 Jewels," she said, "That was the original price…but considering the Festival it had been knocked down to 450,000 Jewels."

"I'll buy it," I told her, "and do you mind selling me a guitar case too? Considering I am a wizard and all, I might want to play during my travels."

"You're part of Fairy Tail?" the woman said surprised.

I raised my forearm showing her the glyph there.