Chapter 44 - The feelings for your friends

NO POV

Gajeel wasn't happy.

The Dragon Slayer was still wearing the bandages from the wounds he had gotten from that fight the other day. He had just woken up a few hours ago learning that Eve had gone again. If there is one thing that Gajeel hated, is missing out in a fight. Even when he was injured, he would fight till his last breath and Eve was always worried about him because of his recklessness.

Raingirl had told him that they had found them all unconscious and badly beaten in the old ruins of the place they had stormed in and it seems that they weren't armed by the explosion. Gajeel then knew that Eve must have used that protective spell of hers.

Since Eve sometimes hated to get into a fight, Gajeel knew that if someone pushed Eve far enough, the girl could become quite a force to be reckoned with, and he knew that even he would be hard pressed against a completely pissed off Eve and her strange magic was also a pain and along with her sensing ability she can literally attack you from anywhere.

The Dragon Slayer grumbled as he seated upon the entrance of the house they were staying in. Ever since he first met Eve way back then, he had a strange feeling about the girl. It was almost like a strange feeling in the back of his mind…a feeling as if Eve knew about him.

While they were friends, Gajeel knew that he hardly talked about his past with Metalicana but sometimes…when he looked into Eve's silver eyes, the girl seems more intrusive…almost like she knew something that she wasn't telling him.

Gajeel shook his head.

He knew he was being ridiculous. Eve was his oldest and closest friend and she was allowed to have her secrets…thought he always felt anger whenever he took notice of the scar that she hid behind her mask. The Dragon Slayer can feel his fist shaking because of it.

He hated seeing it upon her and couldn't phantom what kind of horror that the girl must have seeing for such thing to happen. He remembers back then when Eve told them the truth about it…or at least, a more abridged version of it. He knew that if Eve wasn't cornered into telling, she would have kept it silent…never speaking about it.

Maybe that's why Eve's eyes always seems to be intrusive…they have seen too much when she was a child. Her eyes were older than she seems to be…

"Gajeel?"

He looked up toward the voice, finding Raingirl there.

"They've come back yet?" he asked.

She shook her head.

"No," Raingirl answered, "Juvia is getting worried."

Gajeel sighed, slowly standing up.

"They should have been back by now," he said frowning, "Let's go look for them."

Raingirl seems conflicted.

"They told us to stay behind."

"Something isn't right," Gajeel said, walking past her, "I can feel it."

He then started making his way down the path leading out of the compound when something drew his attention out of the corner of his eyes. He glanced at it confused for a few seconds before it became apparent as to what it was.

A feather…

bright gold feather.

Gajeel feel a chill ran through him at this. This was Eve's magic, he was sure of it but what is going on for Eve to send a message like this to him?

The gold feather made straight for him and he raised his hand letting it land in his large gloved hands and then a golden magic circle was brought to life.