Chapter 6 - A spark ignited

When I became conscious again, I was being dragged through the familiar hallways of the Tower. I knew it was the prison cell blocks from what I can see through my dark blue hair that was shadowing my face. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed the other slaves looking through their bars at them dragging me until I hear a cell door opening.

"Here is a new playmate," a voice said.

Then I was thrown inside, falling down on the ground, my body throbbing with pain. Heck, it feels like I was hurting everywhere down to my very bones.

"Grandpa Rob is she okay?" a female voice said, curious and shocked.

"I don't know my dear," a voice, an older kind voice answered her.

"She must have come from one of the Torture chambers," a familiar voice said.

Simon, I thought.

"S...Si...mon," I whispered.

I heard a gasp and the sound of someone quickly approaching me as a small hand touched my back. My eye since my face was lying on the side, the throbbing side, noticed one of the boys that had become a friend to me during the past years since I arrived in this hellhole.

"N...No way," he said, as if he couldn't believe it was me he was seeing, "Eve."

"You know her?" the old man's voice, Rob asked.

"She usually is with me and Jellal when we work at the lower levels, thought she wasn't there the past three days," Simon answered, "What have they done to her?"

"Go get me some bandages Erza," Grandpa Rob said, his voice sounding closer to me than before.

"Y...Yes," the female voice from before said.

Erza?

That was the name that stood out for a second before I feel someone touching my body causing me to hiss in pain.

"Forgive me," Rob's voice said, in a gentle tone, "But I will have to take care of the wounds."

"S'Okay," I managed to answer before losing consciousness where I lay.

The next time I became aware again, I was lying upon something causing me to open my eyes. I stared at the ceiling for a few seconds blinking before glancing to my side. A shock of red hair entered my vision along with two large curious eyes.

Then the eyes retreated before I got a good look at the girl in front of me…realizing with a shock, that was Erza Scarlet. She was looking at me with a curious wonder upon her face. Then she gave a smile.

"You're finally awake," she said in a happy tone, clapping her hands together.

I blinked at her, stupefied. It was so strange that she was so…unlike the Erza that I was familiar with. To think that this little girl will grow up to become one of the strongest women in Fairy Tail made me smile a little.

"You were sleeping for the past five days," she continued, not seeing my smile, "Simon and Jellal were worried about you…and even Grandpa Rob was getting worried when you didn't wake up. When you passed out, Simon thought that you died but Grandpa Rob said that you were simply really tired."

"W…Where are…?" I started but suddenly coughed realizing how dry my lips were so I licked them.

Erza realized what was happening quickly took hold of a small cup leaning it toward my face.

"Here," she said, "It's some water that Grandpa Rob put out for you…"

With her help, I drank the entire cup dried letting the cool liquid sate my thirsty throat. I sighed softly as I lied back down upon the ground and turned my attention toward Erza who was putting the cup back onto the ground. She was dressed in a one piece dress which was ripped around her knees.