Chapter 22 - Skeleton in the Closet Part 2

I groaned, feeling the binds biting into my wrists. I feel pain on the back of my head and can even feel a throbbing one on my ribcage. I feel so exhausted and spent and my head was bowed down toward my chest.

I made to move my hands but the binds around them wouldn't move. As feeling started to course through my arms, I noticed that I was tied up against something. I frowned to myself, wondering where I was…and how I have gotten there…

Then I opened my eyes.

My sight was blurry at first but it slowly came into focus and in front of me, was a large spiky shaped lacrima, bright blue in color towering from the middle of the room. A large circular room was around me, strange symbols drawn upon the walls…

No…I know this place…

I know where I was…but how was that possible?

Then a door opened and a man walked inside. His face was set into a dark grin. It was the same man that had kidnapped me, the same man who had given me that scar I carry upon my cheek. I instinctively started to struggle upon my binds, trying to escape but it was no use. Fear and terror crawled upon my heart as tears had started to fall from my eyes wanting nothing more than to fight back…

"Hello little Slave," he said a dark grin upon his face as he stared down at me.

Wait…

Why was he so tall…Did he became a giant or something?

I glanced down at myself, noticing that I was wearing the ripped dress that I had on when I was still a slave at the Tower of Heaven. My feet were small…like a child…

No…This can't be happening…why am I a child?

Then a large hand took hold of my face, pulling it up violently causing me to yell out in pain. I was staring at him, seeing the weapon in his hand and it was aiming it straight toward my face.

"This time, you will remember where you belong you little slave," he said, his dark grin growing, "And this time, you will not forget…"

"No please," I started, "Don't…"

Then something was placed upon my cheek and pain coursed through me…

"Eve," a voice said.

Both of my eyes snapped open…finding a pair of red eyes with slit in them, starring down at me. Then before I even knew what I was doing, I summoned my magic, blasting whoever it was away hearing a loud crash echoing across the room.

"W…What the hell was that for?" Gajeel's pained voice floated across the room.

I blinked glancing around, surprised.

I was lying upon my bed in my room. A bright sunlight was coming from the window which lightened the room. I glanced around, finding Gajeel lying upon the ground by the knocked over dresser which had clothes spilling out.

I turned toward the bedside table and put on my mask upon the lower side of my face.

"Gajeel…what…what are you doing in my room?"

The Dragon Slayer seated up looking toward me while massing over a side of his stomach. That must have been where I'd hit him. Then he stared at me, before his eyes bulged in shock and turned around a blush working it's way toward his cheeks.

I blinked and glanced down, flushing and quickly pulled the covers up.

It seems that I had gone to sleep without a shirt on…and I just flashed the iron head.

"Sorry," I said, "Wait…why I am apologizing? You're in my room…Get out."

"Hey, but I didn't even tell you why I came over…," Gajeel started.