Chapter 82 - Dance under the Rainbow Sakura

We followed Nastu's trail straight up toward a small hill and from how he was laughing, I am guessing that he had found the plants we were looking for. I couldn't help but chuckling at how happy he was, making everything seems so simple.

"Yay," Lucy said with a small sarcastic undertone.

"He starts bragging, we bury him in snow," Gray told us, with both of his hand into his pockets.

"Well I am impressed," Erza said.

"Turns out your hunch wasn't right after all Carla," Wendy said to her small cat.

"That's remains to be seen," Carla answered her.

"Bad hunch or not," I added, "The objective had been found…now all that is it left to do is collect as many we can."

I hardly finished speaking before a large shadow appeared above the hill along with a powerful cry. I had to frown my eyes to actually see what it was but the large creature flapped it's large wings blowing both Natsu and Happy away along with a large gust of snow.

"What is that?"

"A Blizzard Vern," I said, "I never actually saw one up close like this before."

The Blizzard Vern or White Wyvern is a Dragon like beast that was considered to be a cousin of Dragons. It was a large creature easily fifteen feet long with large leather like wings. Despite it's ferocious look and deadly looking claws, The Wyvern is actually a herbivore as hard it is to beleive.

"You've got to be kidding," Natsu said as he sat up from where had landed.

"I don't think it wants to share," Happy added.

"Now I understand why someone would have wanted wizards to get that plant for them," I said, pulling out RuneSave, "It's a Wyvern snack location…and it seems pretty fond of those plants."

Gray was already gattering his magic.

"Look like we get to finish the job and take home a juicy bonus in one fell swoop," he said a serious look crossing his features, "White Wyvern scales are worth quite a bit of money and there is plainty to go around."

I smirked to myself.

I could collect some of those scales and raise my money for the next few months

Erza approached forward.

"The four of you step back," she said, "Natsu, Gray Eve and I will take care of this."

"Hey, we want in on the actions too," Happy told her.

Erza requipped into her Thunder Empress Armor, spinning the staff in her hand.

"Very well then," she said, "When we've got the Beast distracted, I want you to grab as many herbs as you can."

"Yes ma'am," Wendy said.

"I beg your pardon?" Carla asked.

"Wait…why are we getting the most dangerous job?" Lucy asked.

I gave her a glance.

"You can come and fight the giant flying monster if you want."

At that same moment, the said Wyvern let out a shattering roar that echoed all around us.

"On second though…our job sounds good," Lucy said.

I smirked and from the amused look that crossed Erza's face, she might have gotten the idea and I winked at her. The redhead nodded at me before charging forward and I followed after her.