Chapter 78 - Who you truly are

EVE POV

She…stabbed me?

I could feel only shock coursing through me at what just happened. Erza Scarlet just ran through me with a sword, and I was completely godsmacked. There is no way that whatever just happened, happened right?

But, the image didn't change. I could still feel the blade that had run me through, and her eyes fixed upon mines. This wasn't a dream, this wasn't some horrible illusion magic…this was reality and I for whatever reason; a smile slowly grew upon my lips as I observed her.

I could feel myself growing weaker as the seconds ticked away and I fell down upon my knees, my breathing becoming labored. I was dying…there was nothing to stop it from happening this time. Nova isn't there anymore to save me now…this is the real thing…

And I have never felt more scared than I am right now…

But despite that fear, I felt relief too.

I can still feel that dangerous, dark feeling within me but it was sliping away too. That feeling of complete hatred…all this time, I had kept it within me, so I never expected it to leech on me in such a way that will cause my body to change…but I had a feeling that Nova's power had something to do with that…

"Erza…," I whispered, "I'm sorry…look like this is the last time."

The girl's attention was upon me, both of her hands still upon the hilt of the sword that ran through my form.

"I'm sorry I wont be here anymore," I said.

"Eve," she whispered, "Do you really think I would have the heart…that I will stone my heart to kill you…the one person that stood by me when I needed you?"

I blinked at her.

"But you stabbed me…," I said.

A light smile grew upon her lips.

"You told me that RuneSave doesn't cut flesh, but magic," she said.

I stared at her completely taken aback, glancing down at the weapon that had stabbed through me and I instantly recognized the hilt of the sword running through me. RuneSave, my own sword was stabbing through my form and unlike when I used it, the blade was glowing a bright gold and red color.

It felt warm too, like a warm pleasant sun on a summer day. A magic circle had appeared beneath me but it had a music symbol, which looked remarkably like the one that had been engraved upon RuneSave by its creator.

The Musica Insignia, I thought.

The dark feeling that had been coursing through my heart during the fight then entire time before was being siphoning away as a foreign feeling took it's place. It was warm...and I recognized that feeling instantly for it had been growing within my own heart for as long as I could remember.

Love…

Then the magic circle underneath me disappeared, leaving me feeling completely weakened. I feel myself falling forward but Erza was there to catch me. I fell upon her armored form, hearing RuneSave clinking on the ground beside us. I couldn't even raise my arms nor move…it was like all the bones in my body had disappeared…

"You don't have to shoulder everything alone Eve," Erza said, softly, her arms around my shoulder, "That's why I am here for. I will always be there for you, just as you have been there for me at the Tower."

Leaning my forehead against her shoulder, I can feel a light fear growing through me.

"What of my power…of that thing earlier…?"