Chapter 173 - For the Sake of the Future

Chapter Cover: Eve standing there with her wings out as she hold RunenSave in a stance...

EVE POV

Everything felt so…different.

I didn't know how to actually explain how I was feeling at the moment but everything about the world felt different. I could taste the air upon my lips as I breathed where I was standing and I could feel the Ethernano around me and it was like I could smell it's odor as strange as that sounded. I could also feel my power surging through my body the light hum that seem to echo around me as I stood.

I opened my eyes to the world and it was so…clear. I don't think I have ever seen the night sky like this before…filled with stars and a red moon hung above like a dark omen. I could feel the air shaking around me and I can feel seven different force of nature battling it across the city of Crocus. I can feel familiar magic that were in use around me and knew by just the sense I knew who was fighting and who was moving about me.

What is this feeling, I thought, This power…

I can feel a surge of something coming from in front of me and I focused my attention toward where it was coming from finding Sakura standing across me with two large bat like wings growing from her back. Her eyes were completely black with a red slit in the middle and I can feel her power reasoning around my body almost like a warning by just staring at her…but it felt familiar somehow…

Demon Slaying Magic, I thought, the same magic as myself…

Then as I was staring at her, I took notice of someone else behind her and the familiar magic I was sensing caused me to widen my eyes as I took notice of him. It was Mui but what was wrong with his arm…it was all black and completely and from what I could sense from him.

Just how did this happen to him? I thought.

"Let's finish this Venum," Sakura yelled launching at me with an attack.

I moved and then found myself standing right in front of Mui's slumped form. The young man was bleeding heavily from where he was slumped down upon the ground. His eyes, however were fixed upon me with shock visible within their depths. It was like he was surprised at what I was doing while I was standing right in front of him…almost like he couldn't believe that I was really standing in front of him.

"E…Eve…," he whispered, "Is…that…you?"

I stared at him confused for a second before turning my gaze toward his arm which was completely darkened by the Demon Slaying magic curse that was placed upon his arm. I stared at it for a few moments before kneeling down to his level and raising the arm toward my lips.

"What are you…?" he asked.

I paid him no mind before I started sucking the magic into my mouth. A slurping sound that I came familiar with whenever I heard Natsu eating fire echoed around me and then the darkness that had overcome Mui's right arm was disappearing until it was completely gone. The magic had a strange taste…although different from how the Ethernano tasted earlier and I don't think I'll be really fond of it.

"Damn it…that tasted strange," I murmured wiping my mouth.

Mui stared at me, shocked at what I had just done as if he couldn't believe it.

"You ate…the spell?" he said shocked, "How did you do that?"

I gave him a small smile before standing up and turning to face Sakura who was staring at me with this shocked expression upon her face. It was like she couldn't believe what I had just done.