Chapter 38 - Sealed Fate

Ishimaru was dressed in a yukata, his long hair pulled up in ponytail in the back as his eyes watched us from where he stood. He had both of his hands crossed across his chest and I can see the lean muscles from his chest where it was opened and from how he was standing, I can tell that this was a powerful man.

His face showed complete disapproval at what he was seeing, and his eyes narrowed angrily.

"I was just going to sleep when I heard this disturbance in my own home," he growled, "To think you would bring your trash friends here and destroy my property, stupid son."

"Did he just call us trash?" Gajeel growled, his red eyes narrowing in anger.

"Easy there Gajeel," I told him.

I glanced toward Totomaru, and the young man had his head down at what the man was saying. Why wasn't he doing anything? He should be talking to the man...or isn't that the reason he had made us come all the way here?

"I made myself clear last week," Lord Ishimaru continued, "But it seems that you are as hard hearing as usual brat. You came crawling here like a bug when I've heard that your guild was disbanded and you expect me to let you stay here after turning your back on me years before."

Totomaru simply stayed silent.

"You are no longer welcome here nor are you recognized as a son of mine," he continued, "Leave my property at once."

"Lord Ishimaru, I think that's quite enough."

The new arrival was a young woman with lithe form. Her dark hair was flying behind her as she quickly approached the location. She was also well dressed in a flower petals covered yukata and she had a fan in her hand.

Totomaru had looked up when he had heard the voice and he had disbelief written across his features as he stared at the girl.

"Mai?"

The woman turned her attention toward him and her eyes, which were a soft blue lightened softly as she observed him.

"This isn't of your affairs Lady Mai."

The softness in her eyes disappeared as she turned her attention toward Lord Ishimaru as they became as cool as ice.

"Not my affairs, it may not be," Mai said, "The Forest get quite dangerous during the night and sending them back out there isn't one of the best ideas....and I am sure that they are quite famished with how far they have to come here."

"They will not stay upon my compound," Lord Ishimaru said.

Jeez, can you be any less of a jack-ass, I thought looking at the man with narrowed eyes.

"That is quite alright," Mai said, "They will stay with me and my people."

A look crossed the older man then. It looked like he was upset at the woman's decision. He glanced at her for quite a long moment before sighing.

"I see that you're not going to budge from this offer," he said, "Then, I'll allow it. They're your responsibilities...and so does the damage that they have caused."

"Everything that is broken can be repaired," Mai said, "these doors are no exceptions."

Lord Ishimaru gave us a sweeping glance before walking away along with the two guards that were with him. When he was gone, the woman, Mai, walked toward us and came to a stop in front of the group.