Chapter 135 - Hellfire's Return

Chapter Cover: Eve standing alone with the golden feathers falling around her as her head was bowed.

I had lost my magic power.

As impossible as it was to believe, all of my magic was gone. I couldn't feel anything flowing through me like I usually felt before. It was so strange not having magic power anymore. The strange feeling of the Ethernano that was usually flowing through me was no longer there within me and that would mean I was no longer a wizard.

Just a regular girl now.

I never expected something like this to happen to me. No…this wasn't what I wanted to happen to me…this wasn't part of the plan at all. I wasn't supposed to lose all of my powers…I wasn't supposed to simply…be normal…

Without my magic…I won't be a wizard, I thought, I will never get to work with Fairy Tail on jobs again. I didn't have any power…I am useless to them.

Both of my fists were tightened upon the bed covers that were upon my form.

But I made the right choice right? If I didn't seal her away…she would have…

The image of that terrible illusion I have seen in my mind came forward again with the dead guild members around me and me killing Erza in the end. It was that power's fault that it was what I could become…

But why do I feel so…uncomfortable…it's like…

Before I could organize my thoughts, the door of the room opened and Mui stepped back into the room, this time carrying a tray of food. The man made his way toward me and placed the tray upon my legs. The smell of the well cooked food made my mouth water a little and even my stomach grumbled at being without sustenance for days.

"Here you go," he said, "That should be able to cure that hunger of yours."

I started to dig in eagerly, inhaling down the food until the plate was completely empty and the cup was drained. I chewed off the last piece of my meal as Mui simply seated across me, waiting for me to finish. Noticing that I was done, the young man took hold of the tray before placing it back unto the bedside table beside me.

"I would have thought you'd take care of that power inside of you," he said, "Like learning to control it or something."

I looked at him.

"I never wanted to," I answered, "All I wanted was to be rid of it."

Mui glanced at me.

"And now?"

I looked down at the sheets upon my form.

"Now…I've never felt so powerless in my life," I murmured, "I can't even feel…anything anymore Mui. It's like…I'm missing something…like a itch that won't go away."

Mui let out a sigh.

"My life as a wizard is over Mui," I told him, "Everything I have worked so hard for...my strength had gone out of the window in a single moment. How am I going to even explain this to my friends at Fairy Tail? To Erza?"

"You have a way with words," Mui told me as he took a seat down upon the bed beside me, "I'm sure you can explain this to all of them."

I placed a hand upon my head, running it through my blue hair.

"I suppose," I murmured, "When is Jellal and the others are supposed to get back?"

"They should be coming back in a few hours," Mui said, "If there was one thing that came out good in that entire fiasco you've created is that it drew Hellfire's attention."