Chapter 181 - Blue Flower

Chapter Cover: Eve floating in the air golden feathers spinning around her as she had both her eyes closed.

Year X779

I stared at the Job offer that Gajeel had just showed in my face. The young man had this shit eating grin upon his face as he was staring at me. I stared down at the words that were written upon it and I could see that it was a missing person Job.

"I thought you said you were going to take a interesting Job?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"It sounds interesting," Gajeel said, "Whenever there is someone missing, someone must be behind it and when someone is behind it, we get to beat someone up."

"But missing people Gajeel?" I asked, "Really?"

"With you being able to sense magic," the Dragon Slayer said, with his arm crossed, "I was thinking that was something that was right up your alley…at least, it will give you some good practice from my training."

I let out a sigh through my mask.

"Well, from the monster Hunting Jobs that you've been throwing us in for the past month, something like that could be just what we need to relax a little bit" I murmured giving the paper a glance, "Go sign it in then."

Gajeel smirked at me before leaving. I stayed seating down on the chair and gave a glance around the Phantom Lord Guild hall. It had been a slow day so far and most of the members were out on different Job. The summer hit was slowly getting into place and I had been making enough money so that I could move out of their house. While it was kind of them to let me stay at their place and basically adopting me without all of the papers, I wanted to have my own place.

I let out a soft sigh and then standing up when I noticed the Dragon Slayer approaching me with that grin upon his face. Gajeel Redfox had become my friend ever since our meeting three years ago and had started to train me on how to fight without my magic. The guy was stupidly strong for his age and his skin was like concrete thought being a Iron Dragon Slayer is probably has something to do with that.

"C'mon let's go," he said, "We could be there in like three hours."

"What's the name of the town again?" I asked him as we both made our way out of the building.

"Blue Flower," Gajeel said staring down at the paper in his hand.

"That…a strange name for a town," I frowned, "You sure that this place even exist?"

"Well we're going to find out now aren't we?" Gajeel smirked.

"I really hate it when you do that you know," I told him crossing my arms, "You just pick some Jobs which seriously had us going at the edge of nowhere so that we can hunt some large monster that they have waiting for us there."

"You can't say that it wasn't fun?"

I couldn't help the chuckle that escapes from my lips.

"Sometimes," I said, "But at other time, I want to kick your ass."

"One day," he laughed patting me on the head.

I created a feather and exploded it beside his ear causing the young man to jump away from where I was. He was holding his head almost like he was in pain at what I had just done. He turned his gaze toward me and had this angry look upon his face.

"That was uncalled for Eve," he yelled.

"I told you that I would have done it if you did that," I told him without looking back at the pained Dragon Slayer.

"One day…I'm going to kill you Eve,"

"If you do…then you won't have any friends," I said, smirking beneath my mask as I glanced back at him.