Chapter 66 - Fantasia

"What the hell happened to you?"

Those were Gajeel's greeting words when he returned from the Job that the Master had sent him off into. The young man had stepped into the guild earlier today and had caught sight of my bandages from where I was seating with Juvia as waited for Porlyuscia to return with the Master's condition.

"Welcome back Gajeel," Juvia greeted with a smile.

The Iron Dragon Slayer glanced around the guild, his eyes taking in the bandages that some of the members were wearing, his red eyes narrowing in confusion.

"Seems I missed out in something big," he said turning his gaze toward me, "Did the entire guild went overboard with that fighting thing they've done when we first joined?"

Considering that the fighting Festival was a Fairy Tail battle royal, he wasn't far off the truth.

"You might say that," I answered him, "Nice of you to finally grace us with your presence."

Gajeel chuckled.

"Whatever, say where the Master is anyway?" he asked, "I have to talk to him about the Job he sent me on."

"It won't do to go seem him right now," Juvia said, "Master Makarov's health hasn't been well since yesterday."

The young man glanced at her, placing his bag upon the table beside us.

"That would explain the somber moon over the entire guild," he said taking a seat beside me, "So, you're going to fill me in into what happened while I was gone?"

I launched into the story of what had occurred during the Harvest Festival, the day before. I told him how Laxus had managed to turn the guild upon itself, and forcing them to fight each others and how Natsu and I managed to fight against him at the Cathedral in the middle of the city. I can see the surprised look upon his face when I told him that Laxus had casted the Fairy Law spell and that none of us had gotten hit with it.

"He managed to cast the spell that Makarov used against Master Jose?" Gajeel said surprised, "Damn…that guy is real monster."

"We can count ourselves lucky that Laxus still had something deep within his heart despite being a complete bully," I told him.

"Even so," Gajeel said giving me a glance, "This guy was a Dragon Slayer…but that couldn't be right? He wasn't raised by a Dragon like Salamander and I did."

I frowned to myself remembering the scales that had appaeared upon Laxus's arm when he had unleashed his Dragon Slaying magic.

"He did a Breath attack upon us," I told him, "And I know how Dragon Slaying magic felt Gajeel…He definitely is one but for some reason…it felt…strange almost like…it's less pure than your magic, if that actually make sense."

"You are right," Juvia said, "It doesn't really make senses."

"I can understand it," Gajeel said with a light smirk.

At that moment, Porlyusica walked into the Guild Hall along with Erza beside her. The woman only briefly exchanged words with the redhead before making her way out of the building, not meeting anyone's eyes. Erza stood at the end of the room with both of her hands at her side as the entire guild observed her.

"Thanks to Porlyuscia's help, the master is going to pull through just fine," she announced to us, "So don't worry, he'll be back to work in no time."

The entire guild cheered and I can feel a light relief coursing through me at the news. I leaned back into my chair as Gajeel chuckled, probably noticing how tense I was.