Chapter 146 - The One in the Mirror

Chapter Cover: Eve leaning against a mirror with her reflection darkened with golden eyes shining...

First thing I became aware of was pain.

I let out a soft gasp as I came back to myself. I could feel some bandages wrapped around my arms as well as my head, and I blinked to myself feeling myself return to my body. I opened my eyes and glanced around myself for a few moments as the place that I was in slowly became clearer as I came to. It was a room from what I can see and I was lying upon one of the bed and sending a stare toward my side I noticed a white form not too far away from where I was.

I blinked to myself as the image cleared and I instantly recognized Carla's form. The white Exceed was sleeping peacefully in the bed beside me and in Wendy's arm. The Dragon Slayer was snoring softly as she slept and I was a little confused as to why she was here. Now that I think about it, Wendy was the one who was supposed to be in the first team with Natsu and the others and yet, Elfman was there…

I moved to seat up but my arm throbbed lightly and I let out a soft gasp of pain.

"Ouch," I said.

"I wouldn't be doing that if I were you," a female voice said.

I turned my gaze toward another person in the room, someone I hadn't noticed when I first woke up. I recognized that red cloak anywhere along with the pink hair. The woman was working on something on the table in front of her without even turning around to face me, and it made me wonder how she knew that I was awake.

"Porlyusica," I said, "What are you doing here?"

The severe looking woman turned toward me, an ever permanent frown upon her face. Seven years didn't seem to have that much of a difference on her appearance was but I am sure that she had gotten older than she was before our disappearance on Tenrou Island.

"Is it wrong to come and cheer you on in the Games?" she asked, her voice daring me to disagree.

"No…it's not…," I answered her with a small smile, "I just didn't expect to see you here."

The woman let out a soft noise in the back of her throat like she was annoyed with something but she turned her gaze toward the table she was working on again.

"W…What happened in the Games?" I asked, "Did I lost?"

"Yes," she answered curtly, "Facing someone like Jura Neekis is not something that many wizards can say that they can win against, and you managed to fight him in a mostly even battle. It's not a feat many wizards can even boast about."

I let out a sigh.

"I wanted to win so badly," I said.

"Despite the lost, you managed to change many peoples mind about Fairy Tail," she said giving me a backward glance, "You showed them that Fairy Tail is not the same guild that has lost for the past seven years since your absence."

"Is that so? At least, I managed to do something right," I said, "So…how bad is it?"

"Well you broke your arm," she listed off, "You had a concussion, and a few cracked ribs. Thanks to my potions, I have managed to take care of most of the damages but you will be forced to stay in bed tomorrow so that you can recover fully meaning you won't be able to participate in the Games tomorrow."

I nodded.

"Someone is going to have to replace me," I said shaking my head, "Only the first day and I am already out of commission."

Porlyusica didn't say anything but she continues to work on her potions. I glanced toward Wendy's sleeping form.

"What happened to her?" I asked, "I thought that she was going to be part of the Game."