Chapter 3 - Kidnapped

A year passed since Samara left Matlock Orphanage.

My hair had grown longer since then reaching the base of my neck. I was aware of my appearance now. While my face still had the same round child like face, I knew that I had silvery eyes and long black hair and when under the sun, it had a tinge of blue in it. I looked like the Hyuga clan from Naruto, one of the main anime that I used to watch back before I…well, died.

I had deducted that I have been reincarnated into Earth Land as the world was known. At first, I wasn't really big on the entire reincarnation thing but it was the only logical reason that I could come up with. When I was still in my old world, I usually read stories like this, where the author gets pulled into an anime world and befriend the main characters.

I never expected that it will happen to me, but I didn't know yet that I will ever meet the main characters considering that I am in a time before the show timeline actually started.

I had trained my magic which one of the way to do so is to train the mind and concentrate in growing your own magical power, at least, based on what the book that the Matron had given me. It was tiring work and since Samara had left, I hardly had any interaction with the other kids. I didn't want to get close to someone and they ended up leaving me behind when they get adopted.

I didn't want to feel like that again.

I absently played with the ring that Samara had given me that day she left. I can still feel that prickling feeling in my heart, that ache of our broken friendship. As she had promised, she had written to me a month after her departure.

In all of her letters, she always call me 'little sister' and she tell me of what she was doing with the rich family that had adopted her. In her letters, she tells me of the large Mansion that she was now living in and the new little brother that she has called Emmanuel Imedia. She tells me that they were training her to be a proper lady.

Her new father, Evans Imedia, from what she told me is pretty strict and had scolded her a few times already while her new mother Amelia had been more gentle and more…loving. It turned out the reason they adopted her was because the woman had been too weak to have another child of her own.

She told me that she liked Amelia since she reminds her of her own mother.

While I had learned of this, it made me think of the woman who had brought me to this world, the one that had abandoned me on the stone steps of the orphanage. It crossed my mind a few times as I learned of Samara's new family.

I walked down to dinner, absently playing with the ring that Samara had given me. It's an habit that I had developed over the days when she was gone. I walked into the room and took my seat upon my now empty table. In the past, I usually seated with Samara but now I preferred to stay alone there.

I didn't have a lot of people I knew, and I preferred it this way.

While I did preferred it, it must have been undoing for that's when my life went downhill.

Around February, they have been a talk in the Orphanage of children going missing in the neighborhood city that was a couple of hours away from the small city we were situated, and there was even the talk of a town getting burned down. I was only become aware of the news when I heard Matron speaking via Lacrima to someone, probably one of her mage friends about the problem.

Because of that, none of us smaller kids were allowed to be outside of the building when the sun had gone down. It was a pretty big rule change since the Matron wasn't taking any chances. All of the kids inside the Orphanage were under her responsibility. It was a means to protect us.