Chapter 89 - Fireball

Chapter 89: Fireball

Hey guys, here is the next update in the story.

Enjoy the read...

Chapter Eighty-Nine

Fireball

I didn't know what awoke me first but I knew that I was no longer asleep.

The softness of my feathers beneath me were confortable and it was really like sleeping on a large fluffy pillow. Awareness slowly returned to my senses as I opened my eyes, observing the early morning sunlight peaking through the window. I can hear the sound of the moving vehicles in the road outside of the cheap hotel.

Then, a sound of someone moving in the room drew my attention. Facing it, I found myself looking at Lucy's back. The girl was dressing herself up and from the dark clothes she was wearing and the shorter hair, I realized that it was Edo Lucy.

Where is she going?

I seated up from my bed of feathers before turning toward where the girl was.

"Leaving without saying goodbye?" I asked.

Edo Lucy jumped and turned toward where I was. She looked suprirsed to see that I was awake but the blonde girl placed a hand upon her heart.

"Don't just sneak up on me like that," she said.

I stood up and dismissed the feathers from the ground with a flick of my finger causing them to vanish from sight. I turned my glance toward Edo Lucy noticing that she was still observing me, probably observing my magic.

"So that's how Earthland Magic work?" she said, "You don't need tools for it."

"Some wizards still use tools as a medium," I told her, "But they are many variations of magic spells, so I couldn't tell you much."

Then I glanced up toward the blonde across me.

"So where exactly are you going this early?"

"I'm going back to my guild," she said.

I blinked.

"You're leaving us?"

Edo Lucy gave me a stare.

"I never said that I was going to help you get to the Royal City," she said, "If you want to take on the Kingdom, you can go right ahead."

"Then why come all this way?" I asked, "You could have refused us back at Louen."

"I know I could have," Edo Lucy told me, "I could have just stayed away just like I could have just let your Natsu and his friends become food for that Mother Frogia…but my damn Fairy Tail pride wouldn't have let me stay away."

I looked at her for a few seconds. Something was going on inside her mind, that much I could see but what it was I had no idea. I couldn't forces her to come with us if she had already decided to leave…

"Then thanks for helping us get that far," I said.

She looked surprised at me for a few moments but then she shook her head.

"I never would have expected to get thanks from you of all people," she said turning away.

I frowned lightly, watching her walk away, feeling as if I just realized something that was probably obvious to anyone by now.

"So you do know who my Edolas self is."

She paused at the door with her hand upon the handle.

"I was wondering why you were staring at me like this," I continued with a small tone, "It was almost like you known who I was despite never meeting each other."