Chapter 49 - The fourth Knight

Ikaruga's sword became a flash of light with each of her strokes.

With each of her attacks upon the cards which hold me and Erza I continued to block with my Shield spell but they were wearing me down and without RuneSave I won't be able to put much of a fight against that woman and then the card I was in flew in another direction, separating me and Erza and that was in that moment that the card started to glow…

The spell is weakening, I thought, good.

"Erza, Eve," Sho yelled.

The card around my form had disappeared and I was back into my normal size again as I was flying through the air, Ikaruga glanced at my direction a light smirk upon her face.

"I'm sure that there is someone that would like to meet you Eve," she said, "From what I've gathered, you're old friends."

I stared down at the woman as she flashed her sword in my direction and the force send me flying backward through a nearby wall and into another part of the Tower with me landing upon my back. I can hear Erza yelling my name but I couldn't answer her as I continued to fall through the stones until I came to a stop.

Groaning, I slowly got back to my feet glancing around myself.

It was a hall, looking strangely similar to a large throne room from within a castle. The windows were filled with images of knights and demons locked in battle with each other. I continued to glance at them, completely taken aback at the displays around me until I became aware of a magic presence in the room but the thing was…it felt exactly like my magic…

"Nice of you to join me Eve,"

I turned toward the voice, finding Mui seating upon a large throne like chair at the end of the room. He was dressed with large boots and armored shoulder plates glinting in the afternoon sun that shone through the windows. His hair was falling around his face but the scar he had upon his nose stood out on his skin. The light from the red sun outside gave him a strange almost menacing look upon his features.

Leaning against the side of the chair was Runesave, the glint a soft golden color was shining upon its form as it responded to my magic.

"Mui," I said stepping forward, "So you must be the Fourth Knight Jellal spoke about."

"I am," he said standing up, "And I have been waiting for you to come to me…after all, since you can sense magic."

"That's why you've taken Runesave from me," I finished, "You want to fight against me."

"Yes," Mui said walking down the steps from the throne, "And I must admit, your Iron Dragon Slayer friend was quite strong. He was able to take on both Milianna and Wally all by himself."

I smirked.

"Gajeel is strong…and you'll be sorry if you underestimate him."

He chuckled, "I guess both Wally and Milianna would not be joining us to Heaven after all."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Why Mui," I asked, "Why do you follow Jellal? He betrayed me and turned everyone against Erza and you want to fight for him?"

"You really think I gave a damn whether he betrayed you or not?" Mui said looking down at me.

I was surprised.

"Then what the hell are you doing here then?" I asked him.

"Don't you know the rules Eve," he said a smirk growing upon his lips, "This is a Game after all, and to get to Jellal, you'll have to defeat the Knights. But if you ask what I am doing here…then, killing you and take your body for the sacrificial piece to resurrect lord Zeref."