Chapter 130 - Priestess of the Phoenix

Chapter Cover: Eclair wearing a head piece upon her head as she dances in front of a large bondfire.

Large amount of explosions and destructions tremble the ground as the large phoenix continued to completely destroy the principality of Veronica around us. The entire air was filled with a dark red color as dark smoke grew toward the sky as the large creature let out a large roar which rattled against my ears.

I glanced up toward the large monster who was powering up another wave of orb of concentrated magic and launching straight in all of the direction around itself, and soon after, destruction completely danced across the city the red pillar of flames grew of each of the locations causing the ground to shake and I was almost thrown off my feet at the explosions that had happened.

This is insane, I thought, the amount of power that this creature have...it can destroy the entire world and we will be powerless to stop it.

"This isn't good," Gray said, "Our attacks don't seem to be doing anything for it."

"Don't give up guys," I yelled summoning out a large amount of feathers all around us.

"Three Layered Magic Circle, Heaven's Chant."

Numerous explosions ran all across the phoenix's body causing the creature to yell out in pain but it didn't seem to be doing much in stopping it as it continued to draw power toward him before launching it all outward and causing a large amount of destruction and wind as I covered my face at the sudden amount of power.

Around me Gajeel and Wendy launched their Dragon roar's attacks, a storm of steel and violent winds crashing against the creature's body as well as Juvia's Water Nebula against it but it didn't seem to do anything other than causing the creature to roar out in what seems to be anger at them. I stared up toward the phoenix noticing that there was some fire growing upon it's back and even without my sensing ability I could already tell that that it was our resident pink haired Dragon Slayer.

"It's Natsu," Gray voiced.

"Leave it to Salamander to have all the fun," Gajeel growled in an annoyed tone.

"So that's where he was," I said, sensing, "And he doesn't seems to be alone. That Dyst guy is up there too."

The earth shook again as the phoenix walked forward causing the ground around us to shake as the buildings that were beside us started to crack and fall everywhere around us.

"Run," Juvia yelled.

We all did, moving away from the falling buildings and debris that had fallen around our forms and Wendy was yelling as she ran and then the girl tripped herself landing upon her front drawing Carla's attention as well as the others.

"Wendy," she yelled.

Considering that I was a lot closer to her than the others, I summoned out my wings and flew straight toward where she was landing beside the small blue haired girl. Then I turned my eyes toward the large rocks that were coming down upon us and I knew I wouldn't be able to get away on time. So I simply took Wendy in my arms and enveloped the two of us within my wings to protect us from the large falling debris that were coming down.

But oddly enough, they never did fall.

I blinked to myself in confusion, still keeping a tight grip upon Wendy's form. I opened my wings again and glanced up at the large slab of concrete that were going to fall upon us, but they seems to have stopped in midair. I stared at them, completely taken aback but I instantly noticed the odd purple glow that they had around themselves as they simply floated there.