Chapter 14 - My first job with Totomaru

The following months after that decision, Totomaru took it upon himself to hang out with me whenever he wasn't out for a job. He was a great friend to have, even had funny things happening whenever he was around. I was glad that he wanted to spend his time with me that much, and he had started to become somewhat like an elder sibling.

Miyu Summers, the nurse that took care of me when I was in the hospital had gladly decided to take me in when I didn't have anywhere to go and I had enjoyed her immensely, thought I mostly think it's because I was friend with Totomaru someone she seems to have a crush on from what I observed of their interaction.

Her little sister, Sakura Summers was easy enough to get along with. She looked remarkably similar to Miyu although her hair was curly instead of Miyu's straight ones and she had darker eyes than the older girl. They looked like twins at first glance but if you stand and stare for a little while longer, you'll notice the slight differences in height, voice and appearances. Sakura was a fashion girl and she always took me to buy me some new clothes around the first few months that I had stayed with the two older girls.

When she had noticed the ugly scar that was on my right cheek she wanted to know how I have gotten it but instead of telling her, I simply decided to wear a bandana around my lips to hide it. I didn't want anyone else asking about how I have gotten it.

I didn't wants to be reminded of how that mark had gotten upon my skin and I'd rather forget about that event if I wanted to but it wasn't that easy to get rid of those awful memories.

My magic, on the other hand, was the most amazing thing.

With just a thought I can summon out a large number of golden feathers around my form and make them do whatever I wished. It was still strange to be able to feel the magic running through me but I was slowly getting used to having its presence within me. It was easier to control than I anticipated and considering that magic came from within me, and not me learning it from someone, I can understand the ease that came with it.

Since I was still a newbie in the guild, I wasn't allowed to go on job yet and my magic wasn't strong to be used in an offense manner, meaning that I will have to train myself to be able to fight and grow stronger in both magical power and physical power.

Now, dressed in a dark blue pant with winter boots on, along with a long sleeved white jacket with a hood pulled up on my head, I made my way back toward the guild so that I could confront Totomaru to train me. He was relatively one of the few Mage in the Guild that I get along with and in the early January air, the cold from the Winter still in the air.

I came into sight of the guild hall and entered inside, instantly searching for the Fire Mage. The guild didn't have much people inside considering they weren't much Job Request during the Winter season. I made my way toward the bar inside the guild to speak with Veronica.

Veronica was a busty young woman with blonde hair. She had sky blue eyes and was usually dressed in a dark red dress and hung out at the bar to serve the guild members food when they are here. She was the one who had given me my stamp last year.

"Hey, Eve," she greeted noticing me coming, "What brings you here this early?"

"Morning, Nica," I greeted her with a small wave, "Say have you seen Totomaru around?"

The woman thought about it.

"Yes he was just there a few minutes ago," she said, "He must be speaking with the Master about something. Why don't you wait for him here?"

I gave the young woman a nod, and took a seat letting out a soft sigh. I stared out toward the guild with the few peoples that were present and it made me think of Fairy Tail and Erza. The guild must be pretty quiet considering Natsu must still be training with Igneel. Gajeel wasn't part of Phantom Lord too, and I haven't seen Juvia either.