Chapter 59 - Heart

The two of us had taken a seat by the tree where I placed my shirt earlier. I was lying upon my back watching the tree leaves dance in the wind that blew around us and Erza was seating against the tree, with RuneSave in her hands.

She had been examining the sword for a while now, and I told her about the mission into which I had gotten it. I've told her about the Museum that it was in, the sword's history and how I have gotten it.

"It bounded itself to you?" she said looking down at me.

"Yeah," I told her, "Turn out, the man who made that sword, Musica, had a vision about a golden angel that will come and claim the blade. From what the mayor had told me, it was a good century ago before I was born."

"A vision?" Erza said, "I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if this is the case. They do have some people that use magic to look into the future."

I gave her a glance.

"Well, what's your verdict?"

Erza smiled.

"It's a well made blade," she said, "and also well balanced, but I don't feel comfortable holding it almost like it's…reluctant."

I was confused.

"RuneSave never felt like that when I hold it."

"Probably because it's bounded to your magic I suppose," she said.

She replaced the sword into the pocket, before putting it into the ground. She stayed quiet as a soft wind blew through the area around us.

"Say Erza," I asked, "Have you ever loved someone?"

The redhead glanced down at me, a curious look crossing her face.

"Why?"

"I just wanted to know what it felt like," I told her, "Since you're so pretty, I would have expected you to receive a few love letters during your years at Fairy Tail."

"You over say too much Eve," she said, shaking her head with modesty, "I'm not that pretty."

I glanced at her surprised.

"Have you looked into a mirror lately?" I asked, "Erza, you are pretty and the long hair just add to your beauty…"

"If I had to say anyone is pretty," she said, "It would be you Eve…you put me to shame really."

"Now you're just being nice," I smiled at her.

She returned it.

I rolled toward her and placed my head upon her lap.

"Since we can't decide which one of us is prettier than the other," I told her, "How about we simply agree that we are pretty girls together?"

"That is something I can agree on," Erza laughed, patting the side of my head.

She wasn't dressed in her usual armor anymore but was wearing a simply white shirt with the blue skirt and I closed my eyes, feeling her fingers playing with my hair.

"Does that mean you'll enter the Miss Fairy Tail Contest?" she asked.

"Can't do that," I told her, "People like me more when I am mysterious and I rather keep the image going longer."

"But your scar is gone," Erza said sounding confused, "One of the reasons I had Porlyusica help you is to show it to the world."

I smiled, closing my eyes.

You are a kind girl Erza, I thought enjoying how she was simply playing with my hair.

"I don't need the world to see it," I told her, "As long as you've seen it Erza, that's good enough for me."