Chapter 83 - A Song for my Beloved

The next morning found me walking with Samara and Mui toward the Magnolia Train Station. It was the day that Samara had decided to go back home and having Mui accompanying her for protection. Despite being with them, I couldn't help but think back to last night…to when I was dancing with Erza.

I could still feel myself smiling when I thought about it. We did spend the night dancing, but we were still laughing at what we were doing and we even played a game of tag in between the trees and I even cheated sometimes…and to tell you the truth even Erza cheated to using magic to be able to move quickly…that Cheetah Armor of hers…

But with my sensing ability, I managed to find her very quickly.

"Where is your head at Eve?"

I blinked out of my thoughts brining myself back to the present. Samara was giving me a strange look from where she stood as we were keeping together waiting for her train to arrive. Mui had both of his hands behind his head as he leaned back against the chair behind him.

We have reached the station only to find out that her train was going to be a little late by a few minutes so we had some time to kill before it arrives.

"I had some fun during my stay at the guild," she said, "I'm grateful that I was able to come."

"I'm glad that you enjoyed it," I answered Samara.

"So, did you manage to get Erza to help you?"

I nodded at her.

"Yes," I answered, showing her the pack I had upon my back, "It's one of the reason why I packed the little clothes I had within this bag, I will be heading to Fairy Hills later so that we can stay together."

"See," Mui added, "It wasn't that hard to pull off…but even so, why were you taking so long to ask her about it?"

I simply shrugged.

"I don't really know," I answered, "I guess I was mostly uncomfortable at asking someone else for help. It felt weird."

Samara seems confused.

"After the Dragonoid thing, you asked me for help with no problem," she said, "Then how come you didn't ask Erza for help the same way?"

"It's not the same thing Samara," I told her.

"How it isn't the same thing?" Samara asked her surprise still evident upon her face.

I glanced at her.

"Can you drop it please?"

The older girl seems to be on the verge of saying something, but whatever she had seen on my face caused her to stay silent. I simply took a seat on the bench beside Mui and Samara seated herself on my left.

We stayed silent for a while simply observing the many people that were moving about the train station. I can feel the morning sun heating up as the seconds passed by. I turned my attention sky ward noting the passing clouds above us. The weather had been quite favorable these past few days since the Dragonoid incident and even during the Cherry Blossom Festival, it had been a nice weather…

"You know…I have been thinking lately," Mui announced to us, drawing our attention, "All of us were orphans together back at Matlock's Orphanage and here we are, so many years later, still friends despite having walked different paths."

I thought about it.

"Yeah, it's pretty strange," I agreed.

Samara laughed.

"Maybe it's life way of saying that we are still connected despite of those different paths," she said, "But I am glad that we're still together despite everything."