Chapter 58 - Eve Vs Erza

I left the park behind quickly making my way through the city so that I could catch up to him, and it didn't take long enough before I caught sight of my favorite metal head. He was carrying his bag upon his back and was limping a little probably in pain at being shot with Laxus's lightning attack.

Knowing that he probably caught upon my scent as I approached him, I fell into step beside him.

"You're okay?" I asked.

"Could have been worse," Gajeel answered, with an uncaring shrug of his shoulders.

I glanced down at the wound that was on his arm.

"You plan to take care of that?" I asked him.

"You're offering?"

I smirked, "Well I do have a few things in my bag that can take care of the wound...c'mon, let's find a spot so that I can clean it."

The Dragon Slayer followed after me and took a seat on a nearby bench with the young man beside me. I took hold of his right arm and glanced down at the nasty wound that was upon it. It was bleeding obviously, but the skin looked like it was charred almost like a burn.

"Why didn't you use your Iron skin to protect your arm?" I asked.

"Didn't think about it," he said.

"Well it is going to take a few days to heal," I told him, as I dug into my back for my first aid bag, "Say...you are going on a Job right now?"

Gajeel nodded.

"The Master had me doing something for him," he said.

I looked up at him, confused.

"Already?"

"I was surprised too," the Dragon Slayer admitted, "He said that he was going to trust me with the task and I was perfect for it...thought I am not supposed to talk about it."

"A secret mission?" I said, "And here I was worrying that you weren't going to fit in with the rest of the guys."

"Shut up," he said looking away with an annoyed look upon his face.

I let out a small giggle continuing to work at wrapping the bandages around his forearm with practiced ease and was slowly humming a song while I do so.

"What is that song?"

I looked up at the young man in front of me, surprised.

"What?"

"That song you are humming," he asked, "What is it?"

"It's just a song," I told him, "Just something that I made up."

"It sounds good," he said.

I smirked before looking down at the work I was doing, "Probably sound better than your mister Shooby Dooba."

"Hey, that song is a masterpiece," Gajeel said, outrage within his voice.

"I know...I know," I told him, "So you've said to me a million times before..."

"And I'll keep saying it a million times more," Gajeel told me.

I chuckled.

"Where you've been since yesterday morning?" he asked.

"I went on a Job with Lucy," I told him.

"Lucy...that Cheerleader," he said surprised.

"Yeah," I told him, "I was going on a Monster Hunt job and I invited her along."

"You went on a Monster Hunt without me?" he said.

"Hey," I told him, "Don't go blaming it all on me now...you disappeared for a few days since our welcoming celebration."