Chapter 7 - The escape plan

The day started as normal as it could go as we are in slavery.

I had grown used to the hard days of work I had to experience everyday under the cult harsh treatment. Most of the bottom of the Tower was completed and I knew that something was going to happen soon, after all, Jellal was thinking of a plan to escape the Tower.

I turned my attention toward where the young boy was working. I noticed that he wasn't really focused on what he was doing and he keep staring at something off to the side, causing me to follow his line of sight.

A group of the cult members were all standing there, talking to each other about something and I could hear their voices echoing from where I was working. I caught a few words like "ship" and "provisions" coming from them and since Jellal was closer to them, he could probably fully listening to what they were saying and I was sure I was going to be hearing about it soon when we get back to our cell later.

And I was right.

Later in the night, after we have eaten the crappy dinner that we have to eat every day. Like Telvin once said, once you get past the taste, the food isn't too bad, but I am still shocked that I didn't get sick eating it. I guess it had gotten more nutrients into my body that had gotten skinnier over the years I had stayed in the Tower.

I was already lying on in my corner, playing with the little ring that Samara had given me when I felt a hand tapping me on the shoulder. I turned my attention toward the owner of the hand and from the redhead, I knew it was Erza.

"What is it Erza?" I asked her, seating up.

"Jellal wants you to join us," she said, "He said he had something to tell us all."

I seated up and noticed that most of the adults were asleep; their soft snores echoing across the room which was bathed in the soft moonlight from outside. I followed the slightly taller girl toward where Jellal was seating down upon the ground, along with Simon, Wally, Sho and Milianna. Jellal looked up as we approached and give me a grin which I returned.

"What is it Jellal?" I asked him, "Is something…the matter?"

"I had figured a plan for us to escape from the Island," he said, a smirk crossing his face.

"B…But how?" I asked him, surprised.

"That's what I asked him earlier," Simon said, sighing, "But he wouldn't say anything till you got here."

I stared at Jellal who frowned to himself.

"The guards earlier today where talking about the boats," he said softly, "The same boats they used to bring us here. They were saying that the ships will arrive here tomorrow with food and new slaves from the main land."

I frowned to myself.

"We are going to take the boats?" I asked.

Jellal nodded.

"Since they should be new slaves arriving," he said, "Most of the guards will be busy with them and that should give us enough time to sneak toward one of the boats and navigate it back to the main land."

"Do you know how to navigate a boat?" I asked him, "I mean…I can't."

"I can," Wally said, "My brother and I used to go fishing and I had seen him do it so it can't be that hard right?"

I put a hand on my forehead in desperation.

"Doing something and watching are two different things."

"I…If we are going to escape," Erza said, finally speaking up, "W…Where will we go?"