Chapter 98 - Eve Vs Eve

The Legion was bearing down upon the shield that I had brought out in such a hasty movement. I didn't expect her to sneak up on me like that out of nowhere, but I wasn't going to back down. I can feel the Legion pushing me back from the air as I was being pushed down toward the ground. I turned my eyes toward the area behind me and noticed that she was pushing me into one of the floating island a little way behind.

"I'm going to crush you like a bug," Edo Eve yelled out.

I narrowed my eyes at her and then with just a thought, hundreds of feathers started to appear around the large Legion's form.

"Heaven's Feather, Giant Carnival," I yelled out.

The Legion yelled out in pain as the numerous explosions took place around him causing the large creature to let me go as it was send flying off to the side, a trail of smoke following after it. I used my wings to steady myself in the air as I stared at the large Legion that she had tried to crush me with.

Speaking of which, where is she?

I glanced around myself searching for my Edolas self when a sudden wave of green magic was launched straight toward where I was. With RuneSave I was able to slash through the attack coming at me but as soon as I did so, Edo Eve was there, with a large grin upon her face as she aimed her gloved hand toward where I was.

"Slicing Wings," she said.

The blast of magic aimed straight toward where I was and I couldn't do a thing to block it. The blast of power had sent me flying off toward the island that was behind me and I crashed through some buildings and landed down upon a concrete ground. Wincing in pain, I slowly started to stand I heard footsteps.

"There is a legend in Edolas about a figure with a similar power to yours Earth Land me," Edo Eve's voice spoke out.

I looked up at her.

"A legend?" I repeated.

Edo Eve smirked.

"When the Dorma Anim first appeared long ago," she started, "They said it was like experiencing the end of times as the entire sky has become a pitch black darkness and half of Edolas's magic was lost during that time…the people were completely overcame by terror and then…as if summoned by the cries of the helpless, it appeared…the figure with the Golden Wings."

Edo Eve turned her attention toward a statue not too far from where we were. It was a womanly figure carved out of stone and covered by weeds that it was almost hidden by the trees. It was broken in some places but I can see the wings that was formed from the figure's back.

"They said that she had singlehandedly managed to stop the Dorma Anim's power, starting a new age for Edolas as a whole," she said, "No one knew who or what she was or why she was able to use magic while none of us here could…so they started to call her a deity, a goddess...Nova, the Goddess with the Golden Wings…"

Then she turned her attention toward me.

"Now, seeing you today makes me wonder if Nova was actually someone from your world with the same power," she said, "Out of all of the Earth Landers here today, you are by far the most dangerous one…not because of your power, but because of what your magic represents."

She raised her Buster Sized sword, aiming it straight toward me.

"And because of that, I will kill you here and now," she said.

Sounds of explosions caught my attention and I turned toward where it came from.

"Your friends have put a impressive fight so far but they are all going to die either way," Edo Eve said drawing my attention at her direction, "The Devil's luck that allowed you guys to survive this long is about to run out and considering your power…having you here will be more productive in our favor."