Chapter 131 - A Promise kept

Chapter Cover: Eve standing in front of a mirror and her reflection was of her Demon side who was smirking.

A few days later…

Life returned to normal within Fairy Tail.

We have all returned to the guild after the incident in Veronica happened. We all felt the weight of Éclair's death and no one grieved more than Lucy did. The blonde girl had become quick friends with the mysterious girl over our adventures together with the destruction of the Phoenix and all of that happened.

She had started to laugh again with the guild and it was nice to see her able to be herself again despite the grief she felt and it was quite a shine to see her able to smile again. I myself, I had started to go on Jobs again with Team Natsu. It seems that they now completely consider me a member of the gang. It was great to be able to take jobs with them and continue to grow as a wizard thought, if I was honest with myself, I was getting worried about my Demon.

Not because I knew she was awake and still alive within my mind…it's because the changes she had talked about. Well, they were starting to make themselves known.

It was an ordinary morning in Fairy Hills. I had stayed over at Erza's room again like I used to do and we had spend a little way in the night, gently kissing each other and soft caress that it made me blush and grow warm whenever I thought about them.

Then while I was brushing my teeth, I glanced up toward the mirror and it was then and there I became aware of the change in my eyes. They were still the same shade of silver as they have been ever since I was a child but the slit that was in the middle of them was new.

I was frozen as I stared at them. They looked really similar to my Demon's eyes safe for the sickly yellow color hers were. It reminded me of the Dragon Slayer's eyes considering their new shape but also that I was on a ticking clock and that the changes that were happening upon my form and I was powerless to stop them.

My research about Soul magic and sealing magic didn't lead me anywhere that I wanted to go and if I had wanted to delve deeper into the branch of magic, I will have to get books that were considered to be black magic. With what Master Makarov told me about what the Golden Abyss spell truly was, I needed to talk to someone who was part of a dark guild and who had access to very dangerous magic…

A dark Guild isn't going to help me but…I know who might actually help me.

It was a longshot as to whether they will actually help me or not and considering that they were no way to track them…but I was starting to get desperate here so it might just work…

"Eve, are you okay?" Erza's voice floated from the other side of the door, "You've been in there for a while."

"Everything's fine Erza," I answered, "You don't need to worry about anything."

"Okay," Erza answered.

I made my way back into the room to get dressed finding that the redhead had already finished dressing. She wasn't wearing her armor and the young woman was only pulling her boots on as she looked up toward me.

She gave me that small smile again, one I returned to her before we made our way out of the building. The redhead had linked her arms with mine as we walked and was humming softly under her breath.

"What's up with you this morning?"

"I'm just glad that you decided to stay with me," Erza answered, a small smile upon her face as she gave me a glance, "It feels just like before when you first started to stay with me."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Really? I don't remember you pinning me against the wall and ravaging my mouth before."