Chapter 45 - Shackles of the Past

Akane Resort.

Of all the famous spot in Fiore Kingdom, this area was one of the most popular. A white sand beach opened all day for enjoying a warm sunny day with friends and family into the crystal blue waters of the ocean. At night, the entire beach light up like an early Christmas tree with the large casino opened for people lucky and rich enough to spend money in large sum or earn a whole lot more than they came with. All in all, it was the place to enjoy a relaxing vacation and it will leave a mark upon you to have you come back again and again to enjoy what the best has to offer.

Gajeel and Juvia had arrived into Akane during midday and had spent the rest of the afternoon looking for a sign of Titania but it was futile.

"Damn it," the Iron Dragon Slayer said, growling angrily, "Where the hell is she…if only Eve was there, we could have found her easily."

"Juvia guess that we relied on Eve's power quite a lot during the past years," the water wizard said with a light frown upon her usually impassive face, "Don't you have one of their scent memorized?"

Gajeel gave her a glance.

"I can remember what Salamander smell like," he said, "But he is not the one we…"

He stopped then turned around sniffing the air.

"What is it?" Juvia asked.

"I can smell him," Gajeel said with a frown upon his features, "Salamander is here."

"Where?"

"This way."

The duo quickly made their way through the beach and now was entering inside the large Akane resort Casino. They entered inside and noticed that it was completely light up with floating lights everywhere inside with many well dressed people walking around and laughing to each other.

"Juvia heard that the Akane casino was big but this is unexpected," she said, not keeping the surprise out of her voice.

"Well we're not here for sightseeing," Gajeel told her as he walked forward.

Juvia followed after him as the duo continue their treks through the rooms making a beeline for where the food court was and sure enough, seating there along with a familiar blue cat was the Salamander of Fairy Tail pigging out on the large amount of food that was upon his plate.

"There he is," Gajeel said.

They approached Salamander from behind and when they got close enough the blue cat noticed them coming.

"Natsu," he said pointing.

The pink haired Dragon Slayer turned around, his mouth still full of food turned to meet them and when his eyes fell upon the duo he quickly started to talk, which turned out to be a really bad idea for he started to choke upon the mouthful of food he had and puked it all out on the floor.

"Ack…Shack…,"

"I'm almost embarrassed to say that I lost to you," Gajeel said, looking at him with disgust in his red eyes.

"Gaj…Gajeel," Salamander growled, anger starting to show in his eyes, "W…What are you doing here…You want to pick a fight with me again?"

"Don't think so highly of yourself," Gajeel answered, "You think I'd sought you out for a fight? The only reason you won that battle is because of that Blondie interfered."

Salamander's hands were now engulfed in flames as a battle grin grew upon his lips.

"How about we go at it again and I'll show you who the strongest Dragon here is?"