Chapter 19 - The Iron Dragon Slayer

A few weeks passed since that first job I took with Totomaru. During those days, I spend them mostly trying to figure out the sword RuneSave, as I called it, and I noticed that it didn't cut through physical objects, simply phase through them as if they were not even there. It was a strange sword to tell you the truth and I am sure.

I have never seen a sword such as this and I am amazed everytime I sliced the blade through my hand and I feel it ghost through my body. I gave Miyu a heart attack the first time she caught me doing this and it was quite funny to see her freak out but I had to explain to her that the sword can't cut physical objects.

I had a little fame growing within Phantom Lord after all, I was one of the youngest member in the guild since I was only ten year old. Most of the guys down there just call me The Golden Angel of Phantom Lord since my magic summons gold feathers and somehow it got stuck and it didn't help when the Sorcerer Magazine guy, some dude named Elliot who came to interview the famous member of the Guild like Totomaru and Monsieur Sol, another member of the Future Element Four.

Well, Monsieur Sol was a creepy bastard. When I first crossed path with him, he was dressed in a suit, with his green hair standing up like the branches of a pine tree. His monocle upon his eyes made him look like one of those stuck up people from high society and his French accent when he talked made me cringe when I heard him speak.

It's not like I hated the guy, just the way his body always move like a snake in a way and the way he also grow out of the ground like the liquid terminator. It's really disturbing and creepy to see someone bending their bodies in ways that it shouldn't.

So when I woke up this morning, it was a bright sunny day unlike the number of rainshowers that we had the entire week. I yawned to myself and walked down toward the living room where Sakura was seating down eating her breakfast.

"Hey, Morning sleepyhead," she said when she took notice of me, "You woke up really late today huh?"

"I was practicing my magic," I answered her taking a seat at the table.

Sakura looked at me, a curious look upon her features.

"What is it?"

"You know, you're really different than how I was when I was your age," she said, "It's like…you're more mature than most…working hard and training yourself."

"I have magic," I told her shrugging my shoulders, "I thought it was only normal to explore how far I can go with it."

Sakura leaned forward.

"What magic do you use anyway?" she asked, "I have never seen it before."

I looked at her taken aback.

"You don't know how it looks like?" I said, "I thought you knew…"

"So, show me please?"

"Okay,"

I raised my hand into the air and summoned out a golden feather and I noticed how the girl's face shone with wonder as the simple feather seated upon my palm and with a little telepathy, I caused the feather to float toward her and made it spin around in loops.

"I called it Child of Heaven magic," I told her.

"Child of Heaven eh," Sakura said looking at the feather spinning around her head, "Quite a gift you have there Eve."

Then her eyes returned toward me and I notice that she wasn't looking at my eyes and knew that she must be once again looking at the ugly scar that I had upon my right cheek. I had put some of my hair on the right side of my face, hoping to hide it but it was barely doing anything considering how short it was actually was but I hope that in a few years that it will be longer than it is now.