Chapter 73 - Descend

I stood there observing the trembling group in front of me as they babbled with fear. I can feel my smirk growing, enjoying the fear that I was instilling within them. It was so easy to make people fear you these days, give them a good show of power, threaten their lives, and they will fear you more than the devil itself…

Although, I am not too far from that.

"Ten seconds," I said simply drawing their attention toward me.

"I…I don't know where they are," one of the members said, "The Mistress don't tell us much about what is happening lately but they have been talk of some rich dude hiring us for a job…"

"Really?" I said softly raising an eyebrow, "Do you have a name to go along with that rich dude of yours?"

The man shook his head.

"I'm sorry, that's all I know, please spare us," he said.

I observed him for a few seconds before turning my gaze toward the rest.

"Now, I have a proposition for all of you," I told them, "Considering that my thirty seconds have already elapsed, your lives are on the line. If you don't give me a name to go with the rich man that had hired your guild, I blow one of you up like this."

I aimed my hand straight toward the one who had told me the information so far and I snapped my fingers and the feathers that were around him were engulfed into a large explosion and I heard him scream out in terror and in pain before he fell down upon the ground, dead.

"She…She killed him,"

"What cruelty," another said, grinding his teeth together.

"You are a monster?"

I turn my attention toward the one who had spoken.

"A monster?" I repeated, my voice changing pitch, "I am really a monster? What is the definition of a monster? Is being a monster killing people in cold blood? Is being a monster to take revenge on those who had taken something precious from you…Is being a monster takes away the right of punishing the wicked and those who had taken enjoyment in causing other people suffering?"

I gave the man a glare.

"Between you and I, you are the monster," I said softly, "You have joined a Dark Guild, chosing to work in this world's darkness enjoying to cause troubles for others. I have every right to massacre your entire guild and do as I please after all, you have done the same if you were in my position."

I raised my hand toward him and I saw his face pale considerably.

"Now, give me a name before I take away your life as well," I said simply.

"You…You're isa…," the man started.

KABOOM!

The explosion send blood flying everywhere causing screams of shock to echo around us and I shook my head lightly as the man's body fell back down unto the ground. It was pathetic really of how much of a hypocrite those people are.

"Next," I said turned my eyes to the remaining members.

"THAT'S ENOUGH EVE,"

I glanced behind me at the voice, finding Mui there. The young man had his hand aimed straight toward me, a frowning look upon his features. I was surprised that he was still conscious after that hit I gave him…quite an accomplishment from him.

"Let them go right now," he said.

"Or what?" I smirked, "You'll fight me…you should remember the last time we fought Mui…I defeated you."