Chapter 106 - The First Trial

Everyone was surprised in hearing that the test that we were going to take was already starting. Natsu, however, was not. He already had his bag upon his back with an eager grin upon his features.

"Alright Happy," he said, "You know what this mean, time to jet."

Happy gave him a nod and then they were flying off with Happy holding the young man's back.

"Look like the first pick is ours losers," he yelled back at us.

"Catch you later," Happy called.

"Losers? You wanna die little punk," Elfman yelled.

"Hey get back here," Gray yelled after him.

I summoned my wings before taking off after Natsu.

"Gajeel, let's go," I told him.

The Dragon Slayer smirked at me and I took off after Natsu but I suddenly stopped flying noticing that the young man had flow right into an invisible wall. Purple runes appeared around the area he smacked into.

"What the…?"

"An enchantment?" Cana said.

I glanced around myself noticing the runes written all upon the ship's railing glowing bright purple. There was no doubt as to who had done this.

"Freed," I said.

The later was flying off with Bixlow who was using his dolls as a way to float above the river as they zoomed off in the distance.

"It isn't permanent," Freed called back, "Five more minutes on that boat won't kill you."

"Speak for yourself," Natsu yelled at him smacking upon the invisible wall that was in front of him.

"That's cheating," Gray yelled.

The ice wizard turned toward the Master.

"Gramps, do something. That's got to be against the rules."

The Master only chuckled.

"It's not a race," he said, "It doesn't matter who get's on the Island first."

"But this is Freed we're talking about here," Gray yelled staring back at the retreating forms of the two wizards that trapped us here, "If he gets to the island first we're all screwed. He can cover the whole place with enchantments."

I dismissed my wings and took a seat down upon the boat's floor.

"What are you doing Eve?" Gajeel asked.

"Well it's not like any of us know how to deactivate an enchantment is it?" I told him, "We'll simply wait here for the spell time to run out."

Gajeel groaned.

"Damn it, you're not taking this seriously at all," he said, "I wanted to get to the island first, so we could dominate."

I stared at him, feeling a sweat drop on the side of my head.

"Which one of us exactly had been chosen for the Trials again?" I murmured staring at him.

A sudden splash drew our attention.

"Wait is it time already?" Gajeel said.

"Wait that's not cool Levy," Natsu yelled.

"I thought we were friends," Lucy called out.

"Not today Lulu," Levy called, "I only rewrote the spell for me and Juvia."

"Man, that's so not fair," Gajeel yelled, "Even Raingirl got going before me, I should have teamed up with that Levy girl."