Chapter 136 - Family affairs

Chapter Cover: Natsu standing at the top of a hill looking out toward something with Lucy holding on his arms. Gray was bringing up the rear with Wendy while Eve and Erza were looking up toward where Natsu was standing.

Pain was all I could feel when I first returned to consciousness. I can feel that I was being carried by someone by the arms and as I opened my eyes, all I could see was darkness and space of light that was moving through the air.

Then darkness claimed me once more.

When I woke up a second time, I was lying down upon a cold ground and a string of sunlight was coming into the area I was lying in, bright orange in color but it wasn't moving a lot. I slowly started to seat up but pain surged through my body causing me to wince, taking hold of my ribs. I can feel pain surging through my body as I leaned back against the wall behind me and glancing around the place I was in.

It was a cell.

A prison cell.

The bars were rusty as if they weren't used in years and I can see spider webs in the corners of the cell and the dusty stones on the wall. I don't remember when I lost consciousness in the beating that the Trio had given me. These guys must have really hate my guts to beat me into submission until I lost consciousness, and not having my magic anymore had reminded me how vulnerable I had become.

Was it really worth it doing what I had done to get rid of that monster that lived within me?

I raised my hand toward my face and I winced yet again at the pain that coursed through it there. My face must look almost unrecognizable right now and I can consider myself lucky that my jaw wasn't broken as I tested it out but it was smarting as if I was repeatedly punched in the jaws…

Just where the hell was I?

These dark Trio were the ones that took me to this place but why? The only reason I could think of was because I destroyed their guildhall not to long ago. Was this their way of taking revenge on me…for what I have done. I couldn't understands how they were able to find me so easily while I was under the protection of a spell…

It didn't makes any sense…

"So you're finally awake."

I turned my gaze toward the cell doors finding the Cancel magic guy standing beyond the wall. He looked older than I remembered him to be, still sporting a Mohawk like the last time thought this time it was a green color. He had a small smirk upon his face as he leaned forward toward the cell bar staring at me.

"You know," he continued, "Considering how powerful you were when we faced you seven years ago…I would have expected some kind of resistance from you…but you simply gave up without even trying to fight back. I can't tell if I am disappointed or surprised at it."

I turned my gaze away from him, at the reminder that I didn't have my powers anymore.

Then the clicking of keys drew my attention again as the guy was opening the cell door. He then entered inside the room and took hold of my arm, roughly pulling me on my feet. I winced as pain shocked through my body, but I didn't cry out, only closing my eyes to try to mentally sooth the pain away.

"Don't try anything funny," he said as he pulled me toward the entrance of the cell, "I'm sure you remember what my power can do to you."

I glared at him but didn't say anything as he pulled me through the empty hallway that stretched for a good thirteen minutes as we reached a large opening giving way to a circular room. They were banners hanging from the ceiling all of them bearing the H symbol of the Hellfire guild. I blinked at them as we moved forward through the room until I was pulled into a stop.