Chapter 71 - Metamorphosis

l had placed Mr. Uzumaki in a hospital letting the doctor take care of the old man. I was glad that he was still alive but the people who had done this to my home and had kidnapped Samara will pay dearly for kidnapping the girl from me.

I bandaged my wounds as best as I could before placing RuneSave back upon my back. I didn't know who that Hellfire Dark Guild was, nor the reason why they would kidnap Samara but I knew that I was going to do everything I could to keep Samara safe and with Mui, I knew we will do what we can to save her.

"You know, we could have asked your friends from Fairy Tail for help," Mui said as we sat on a train that will take us to the town of Nectar.

"Fairy Tail has something else they are busy with," I told him, "And since I have RuneSave, I won't be defeated again."

He nodded.

"What have you been up to since the Tower of Heaven business?" I asked him.

Mui sighed softly.

"I did a little bit of traveling," he said, "The first thing I did was to go back to the Orphanage. I was surprised that it was closed and hearing that Sasha Matlock had died. I paid my respects at her grave for taking me in when I was a kid."

I looked at him, curious.

"How did you ended up in the Orphanage anyway?" I asked, "I never knew."

Mui stared at me, confused.

"You didn't know?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"I always thought you know," he said shaking his head, "Since you've never asked and all…well, I ran away from home."

I was shocked.

"Why would you do something like that?" I asked.

"My uncle wasn't the greatest of uncles," Mui said looking toward the window, "After my parents passed away, he was the only family I had left and he was a pathetic drunk that could barely keep himself together. He was doing nothing with his life, and I knew that he was going to die drowing in a bottle so I left, wanting to do something with my life."

He let out a sigh.

"I had no money…and was too young to work," he continued, "And I ended up a beggard at the road asking for food and even stealing some so that I could eat something…and that's how I crossed path with Sasha Matlock."

I blinked.

"You stole from her?"

He nodded.

"Instead of calling the authorities on me," he said, "She decided to take me to the Orphanage…probably a year before yourself was brough in. This is my story so far."

"And the Tower was even worse," I said lowering my head, "I'm sorry I left you there."

"Eve," he said, drawing my attention back toward him, "There was nothing you could have done. Jellal had fooled all of us into thinking that you and Erza were the bad guys; you don't have to feel guilty about it any longer you know."

If you only knew Mui, I thought.

I shook those thoughts from my mind.

We've arrived into the small town of Nectar. They were a large number of people in the streets. The building looked aged and it reminded me of Oak Town with the castle like designs that it had. Few peoples were in the streets and a number of stores were closed down.

"This place is a ghost town," I said glancing around.

"Seems Titan's Spirit got a little bolder over the years," Mui said glancing around.