Chapter 79 - Call of the Dragon

The next time I woke up, I could hear voices of many people talking at the same time. My eyes opened, and I glanced at the sky outside noticing the moonlight streaming into the room. I groaned to myself and slowly seated up from my bed, wanting to know what was going on.

The plate that Juvia had brough earlier was placed on the bedside table with the empty bowls. I yawned softly wondering why it was so noisy at this time of night. I made my way out of the infirmary finding a large number of people within the building. As I walked through them, I recognize that they were not members of the guild.

What the hell? I thought.

I made my way out of the building, finding a lot of the members of the guild standing in the front of the guild all of them were looking into one direction. When I did the same as them, all I saw in the distance was a large form coming straight toward the town.

"Eve?"

"Samara?" I said surprised.

It was Samara, and the young woman had been standing at the entrance of the guild and she ran toward me, taking my form into a hug. I was surprised that she was still here at the guild, I would have though she'd left already.

"You're still in Magnolia? I though you left already," I told her.

Samara stepped back from me and give me a smile.

"I wanted to see you up again before I leave," she answered, "I wouldn't want to leave while you were still out of it."

"If you're here," I said, "That would mean Mui is there also?"

"He was here before," Samara told me, "But he left with Erza, seems that something was going on."

I gave her a glance.

"Do you really know what's going on Samara?" I asked her.

"I don't know all of the details," the older girl answered me, "But it seems that the members are saying that a Dragon is about to attack Magnolia."

"A…A dragon?" I repeated, "Are you freacking serious?"

"It's what they're staying," Samara told me.

I nodded.

"Well, considering how things are…they're going to need every wizard they can get," I told her, flexing my arms a little, "My body feel so stiff. A good warm up will do me good."

"But Eve," Samara warned, "You are still injured."

I smirked at her.

"It's just my magic energy that was low," I told her, "You don't need to worry about anything Samara. I'll be fine."

The girl looked worried but she nodded at me, then with my confidence growing, I made my way straight toward outside of the guild.

"Eve?"

I turned toward Samara and then caught a flying blade by the handle. I glanced at the sword in my hand and feel a small smirk as I recognize my trusted blade RuneSave. I smirked to myself before making my way toward the courtyard and I noticed the members of the guild all around.

I can see Cana along with Lucy and Mira. Mira was holding Elfman and a small blue haired girl had her hand upon his form and a glowing green glow had appeared around where the girl was.

"Wake up, you don't get to sleep through this," Cana suddenly yelled, shaking the shirtless Gray, who had his head bowed down, "Why don't you admire your handy work you traitor?"

"Don't you dare call him that," Juvia snapped, coming to a stop in front of Gray protecting him, "There is no way he would ever do something to hurt the guild. What happened to hearing both sides of the story?"

I was confused.

What is going on?

Gray placed his hand upon Juvia's shoulder drawing her attention toward him.

"It's alright," he told her and then he stood up, "You're supposed to take me to see Gramps right. I'm ready, unless you want to seat around and chat some more?"

Bisca and Alzack took him back into the guild and I stood there watching them walk away for a few seconds before turning my attention toward the group in front of me.

"Alright, anyone want to fill me in into what the heck is going on?" I asked, drawing the attention of the group.