Chapter 37 - Totomaru's past: The son of the Samurai

Juvia and I went back to Oak Town and by the time we've arrived into my house, it was already nighttime and Mr. Uzumaki seems to have already gone off to bed. The two of us made our way up toward the bedroom and as I was approaching my door I noticed that it wasn't locked and a pair of angry voices were coming from the crack.

"…Don't give a damn what you think," the first voice yelled, "You should be grateful that I didn't skin your ass for entering without knocking."

"Look at whose talking," the second one yelled, "You're the one who sneak into a girl's house through her window like a pervert."

"How the hell that makes me a pervert when she is the one who said I can come over anytime I want?"

I let out a sigh. I recognize these two voices perfectly.

Gajeel, and Totomaru.

What are these two idiots doing in my house arguing at the top of their voices? They're lucky Mr. Uzumaki is a heavy sleeper or I'll be the one who is getting an earful from him about the ruckus. I threw the door open and found the two said men glaring at each other both of their fists clenched looking ready to fight inside my house.

"Stop this argument this instant," I yelled.

The two guys in the room turned their attention toward me looking surprised at my appearance. They seem to just realize that I was in the room.

"Hey, Eve when did you get here?" Totomaru asked.

"Just now," I told him, "Now…what in the seven levels of hell are you two arguing about this late at night?"

"I wanted to talk to you but this bastard wouldn't say anything," Totomaru said glancing at Gajeel.

"I told you Eve didn't say where she was going," Gajeel snapped back at him his eyes narrowing with anger, "But you started to act as if I committed a damn crime."

"You probably broke inside her home like a creepy pervert," the Fire wizard told him.

"Alright," Gajeel said his hands glowing green as he start to gather his magic energy.

Seeing the disaster that was about to happen, I quickly stepped in between the duo.

"Not in my house Gajeel," I told him.

The Dragon Slayer growled.

"He is asking for one you know," he said.

"Gajeel I don't want you to destroy my house…along with several other houses," I told him, "Remember, the guild isn't going to be paying for the damages anymore so we have to be careful about this."

The young man sighed before making his way toward the couch and throwing himself upon it. Glad that this disaster was adverted I turned toward Totomaru who was standing in the corner with both of his hands crossed across his chest.

"Say, where have you been for the past week?" I asked him.

"I went home."

I blinked.

"Home?"

"Yeah, my family's place," Totomaru continued, "Turns out…my dad still holds a grudge about me leaving the place when I was still a kid."

I stared at him surprised.

"You ran away from home?"

Totomaru shrugged his shoulders.

"Father didn't want me to learn magic actually," he said, "But I didn't want to stay as the second son of the Samurai family any longer."

"Samurai…?" Juvia whispered talking for the first time since we've arrived into my house, "Juvia didn't believe they still existed."